Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The War Horses Listed in Evan's Icenetwork Blurb

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm not overly concerned about the story as I am about the rhythms of the music. There is more than enough variety in that music to make excellent cuts. Let's hope Evan has the best cuts to suit his style. I don't think one has to follow the Arabian Nights story.
    Good point. Best to suit the skaters style. With all the music to choose from, that's a major feat in and of itself. But I do believe it'll be choreographed to tell a story too. At least it'll help with the interp. imo

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    I just hope that Evan doesn't wear harem pants and a turban in an attempt to channel Nijinsky as the immortal Golden Slave...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I just hope that Evan doesn't wear harem pants and a turban in an attempt to channel Nijinsky as the immortal Golden Slave...
    No worries - I'm quite sure he and Vera Wang will come up with something much more subtle and classic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    No worries - I'm quite sure he and Vera Wang will come up with something much more subtle and classic than that.
    He could wear a pretty Kwan-like dress maybe

(Sorry but when i think of Wang and skating i just always think Kwan!)

Ant

Custom Title
    Maybe something like that?http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...l/07fall06.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    He should wear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INoZINjdtIQ

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Ah, Angel. Skaters can not make those steps on the Ice.

If i were a heluva lot younger and still skating, I would take the music cuts out of Arabia which the Russians love, and put it in a South Sea Island in the Pacific. It would be about warring tribes, a beautiful polynesian lady, and a handsome dude from Boston involved in a miscegination love duet. The climax, of course would be the Typhoon devastating the island and killing all but the loving couple. Original? hmph!

It's high on my list to watch Evan as the first male skater to use Scher in a major competition.

Custom Title
    It's high on my list to watch Evan as the first male skater to use Scher in a major competition.
    Mine too! I expect an amazing skate!

To an earlier post about skaters working their careers and choosing music "that works" (which I could quote...but that'd take so long, haha) it's completely understandable...but I wish that more skaters would take huge risks, especially at olympics. It'd really cement them as historical, if that makes sense. I know some have chosen unique music, and i hope they all turn out wonderful. I would love to see a field of "Amelie" "Requiem" and maybe a "Nina Rota", and then some really modern choices, like "Titan Spirit" from Remember the Titans, or even "Bumblebee" from Transformers. Some of Transformers' pieces have been amazing, and would love to see a program from it.

ETA: And, as corny as it could be, and it'd need some remixing, from ES Posthumos has some decent things...especially "Nara". That could be beautiful.

Banned
    I see it isn't Evan saying that but the writer of that Skate Addiction. Anyone know who that is?
    It's someone who can't spell very well.

I can see how there would be a lot of music recycling. I just think that champion skaters should WANT to set themselves apart. You can do that with "recycled" music but only if it is a unique interpretation. I wonder if some skaters need to take more interest in their music and put more work into finding/creating a musical cut which makes a new statement. Or perhaps the music is almost seen as being superfluous nowadays...

I'm not against the use of a story, if the skater continues with the essence throughout the program. Joannie's Firebird did just that! But if for 10 seconds of music at the beginning and 8 seconds at the end of the program, why bother?

If you check out Lambiel's programs, he used the character of the Flamenco and now the character of the Tango and it was throughout the programs. What else do you need?

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    You mean something sleeveless, low cut, with a cute little skirt? Let's just hope that his ta-ta's don't pop out the front ala Kwan...

Custom Title
    You mean something sleeveless, low cut, with a cute little skirt? .
    Nope - not what I had in mind at all. Not them either, I'll bet.

One poster said that Scher has never been used by a man. Well, I know pink is for girls and blue is for boys, but being the first man to skate to Scher would be most interesting if he can get all those rhythms going. I do want to see this.
    Here is John Curry's Scheherazade at the 1980 or 1981(?) World Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se19k1ZvLSw

You mean something sleeveless, low cut, with a cute little skirt? Let's just hope that his ta-ta's don't pop out the front ala Kwan...
    Nubka - I'm surprised at you to stoop so low Do you do that with all the skaters you hate? does the laugh emoticon soften the b***chy remark?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast