50 isn't old, next to me. LOL

Happy belated BD, dlk...........42

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny View Post
    And what do you call 80?
    LOL
    It's the new 60, Grgranny.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes

Keep on telling yourself it's just a # - it's about how you live your life! Sigh - I'm still annoyed with one of my friends for being depressed for a year about being 40. Since then, she's gotten Lasik's and gotten a boob job to increase by 2 cup sizes. I've also heard how some of her younger friends (in their 30's) think it's sad when she tries to prove that she's as young as them. They don't care, it's all her.

Anyway, point is to enjoy wherever you are in life because the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

Keep on telling yourself it's just a #
    I am, I am. I know it's just a number. But....when you start thinking about things that you have done in your life and you go wow that was 30 + years ago you really do feel old.

At least I'm still skating.................

Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan View Post
    I am, I am. I know it's just a number. But....when you start thinking about things that you have done in your life and you go wow that was 30 + years ago you really do feel old.

At least I'm still skating.................
    I have to admit that I sometimes think that way , too. I still haven't gotten used to the thought that I will be 45 in a month's time.

Watching kids grow up really makes it apparent. I can't believe the 4 yr old I knew is now 26 and getting married. I can't believe my nephew will be 10 in Feburary! I can't believe that my cousin's twins will be 12 next month. Yikes - those are real benchmarks!!

The gripe I have about my friend is that she's had a very good life. She's close to her family, has a husband who loves and indulges her, she's got lots of friends, keeps herself in shape, even though she complains about not having money, she goes on nice vacations, gets acrylics at least once a month, buys concert tickets from scalpers, etc - seems like a pretty good life to me! I don't know if she's decided what her stepdaughter's child will call her - I know she doesn't want to be called grandma.
    Last edited by heyang; 08-08-2009 at 08:56 PM.

The gripe I have about my friend is that she's had a very good life. She's close to her family, has a husband who loves and indulges her, she's got lots of friends, keeps herself in shape, even though she complains about not having money, she goes on nice vacations, gets acrylics at least once a month, buys concert tickets from scalpers, etc - seems like a pretty good life to me! I don't know if she's decided what her stepdaughter's child will call her - I know she doesn't want to be called grandma.
    Sounds like a good life to me too. And I would also love to be called grandma! Not yet though because my sons are only 19 & 23 years old. Plenty of time for kids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2