It's Official...... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

It's Official......

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Keep on telling yourself it's just a #
I am, I am. I know it's just a number. But....when you start thinking about things that you have done in your life and you go wow that was 30 + years ago you really do feel old.:laugh:

At least I'm still skating.................

heyang

Record Breaker
I am, I am. I know it's just a number. But....when you start thinking about things that you have done in your life and you go wow that was 30 + years ago you really do feel old.:laugh:

At least I'm still skating.................

I have to admit that I sometimes think that way , too. I still haven't gotten used to the thought that I will be 45 in a month's time.

Watching kids grow up really makes it apparent. I can't believe the 4 yr old I knew is now 26 and getting married. I can't believe my nephew will be 10 in Feburary! I can't believe that my cousin's twins will be 12 next month. Yikes - those are real benchmarks!!

The gripe I have about my friend is that she's had a very good life. She's close to her family, has a husband who loves and indulges her, she's got lots of friends, keeps herself in shape, even though she complains about not having money, she goes on nice vacations, gets acrylics at least once a month, buys concert tickets from scalpers, etc - seems like a pretty good life to me! I don't know if she's decided what her stepdaughter's child will call her - I know she doesn't want to be called grandma.

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
The gripe I have about my friend is that she's had a very good life. She's close to her family, has a husband who loves and indulges her, she's got lots of friends, keeps herself in shape, even though she complains about not having money, she goes on nice vacations, gets acrylics at least once a month, buys concert tickets from scalpers, etc - seems like a pretty good life to me! I don't know if she's decided what her stepdaughter's child will call her - I know she doesn't want to be called grandma.

Sounds like a good life to me too. And I would also love to be called grandma! Not yet though because my sons are only 19 & 23 years old. Plenty of time for kids.