Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Indy Pairs Challenge (July 31-Aug. 2)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    For this Indi's competition I think of critiquing(sp) new programs to new music as more important than winning medals so early in the season. Problem: Haven't seen too many youtubes of the performances.

As for scores, it's too early for them to matter as fans, but they do allow for the coaches/choreographers to see what can be remedied.
    While the evaluations are crucial, for teams with no or only one international assignment the order of finish at Indy is extremely important. Case in point, it's almost certain Castile and Okolski won a Skate America slot by virtue of their wins, and it's likely (although a bit less certain) Evora and Ladwig may take the second open Skate America slot. That's one reason many teams went to other competitions for feedback even prior to Indy.

For the few age-eligible JGP teams, the results were also important, although the ability to execute difficult elements probably also played into who will get assignments.

For Denney and Barrett, I'd agree the evaluation sessions were more critical than the third-place finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    While the evaluations are crucial, for teams with no or only one international assignment the order of finish at Indy is extremely important. Case in point, it's almost certain Castile and Okolski won a Skate America slot by virtue of their wins, and it's likely (although a bit less certain) Evora and Ladwig may take the second open Skate America slot. That's one reason many teams went to other competitions for feedback even prior to Indy.

For the few age-eligible JGP teams, the results were also important, although the ability to execute difficult elements probably also played into who will get assignments.
    on evaluations.

For Denney and Barrett, I'd agree the evaluation sessions were more critical than the third-place finish.
    Thank you nylynnr for this information on evaluations. It must be somewhat nerve wracking for the contestants to know that they may get another GP Slot if they podium. Here I thought it was just to 'test the waters'.

Denny/Barrett already have two slots. Had they not podiumed could they take one away?

Castile/Okolsky willf fill one of the empty Slots at SA, That will give them one in total.

Evora/Ladwiq will have two if they get the ok for the second empty slot, but so will Castelli/Shnapir, Innoue/Baldwin and Yankowskas/Coughlin. Will others have a chance for two slots?

Custom Title
    It hasn't been announced yet, who will get what. But Castile/Okolski's performances put them in good stead for Skate America.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Denny/Barrett already have two slots. Had they not podiumed could they take one away?
    No, because they were entitled to two based on their results at Worlds and they were invited by the Japanese and Canadian federations.

In theory US Figure Skating could probably decide that they're not ready and withdraw them from the GP against their will, but there would be no benefit to doing so. There's no guarantee that the teams Japan and Canada would invite as replacements would be American, which would mean the US would lose GP slots, and it would create hard feelings between USFS and one of their top teams. Lose-lose situation.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    It hasn't been announced yet, who will get what. But Castile/Okolski's performances put them in good stead for Skate America.
    that would be nice. I just love watching them skate...they have such good chemistry and beautiful chreography. They just make me feel at peace when they skate

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I would love to see Amanda and Mark get a second slot. I am such a big fan of theirs and I think they are sooooo underrated. Besides I would love to see them at Skate America. Not only are the such a great couple to watch....they are so nice!!!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    HeatherC filmed 7 other Indy Senior short program videos with her digital camera from the stands and the links can all be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeatherC1212#play/uploads

Custom Title
    HeatherC has finished uploading all the Senior free skate videos (7) she filmed at Indy -- just click on the link I posted earlier.

ETA: This news was posted earlier in the Skate America thread but I will repost it here -- Castile/Okolski were officially assigned to Skate America on August 6, with the 3rd U.S. pairs slot still TBA.

It remains to be seen which U.S. teams may receive Senior B assignments. Katz/Lynch (6th at 2009 Nationals) are a likely candidate based on their Indy performances (6th in SP, 5th in FS).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-08-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the video links. The person who filmed did a great job. The picture quality is really good.

I wonder what they are waiting for to fill the final SA slot. Maybe Inoue/Baldwin will get offered it, but they have NHK only a few days beforehand, so I can't see that working out too well.
    Last edited by gold12345; 08-08-2009 at 02:14 PM.

if I'm not mistaken HeatherC1212 is kwanfan1212 on our boards here... she's a fantastic person (and not just because she shares all this goodness)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    HeatherC filmed 7 other Indy Senior short program videos with her digital camera from the stands and the links can all be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeatherC1212#play/uploads
    Awsome videos, thanks a lot !

So far I only saw the SPs. Seeing a chair lift (D/B) was a good surprise (those just don't come along very often on the ice, do them?), loved C/O SP music and L/S were quite nice too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2