Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships (Aug. 4-8, 2009)

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429

    Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships (Aug. 4-8, 2009)

    Official event site: http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/new...ance/index.php

    Ice-dance.com's comprehensive event coverage site: http://lpidc.ice-dance.com/2009/

  2. #2
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    571
    Thank you! I hope someone posts the videos.
    I wonder if Ice-Dance will post the results real-time?

  3. #3
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,165
    Ice-dance.com is twittering from Lake Placid, and it seems to be live comments.

    http://twitter.com/icedancecom

    (Someone is doing an OD to Achy Breaky Heart

  4. #4
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    I would so love to see that OD!

  5. #5
    Paying the bills
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not on the ice
    Posts
    174
    In past years, the announcer does not read the scores following each skater. At the end of the event, they will sometimes announce the top 3 placements. We'll tweet the results as soon as they're available at the rink and probably post the details on the IDC message boards.

    I'm not sure what has prompted their withdrawal, but I did not see the Shibutani's name on the start order for the Junior free dance.

  6. #6
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    In past years, the announcer does not read the scores following each skater. At the end of the event, they will sometimes announce the top 3 placements. We'll tweet the results as soon as they're available at the rink and probably post the details on the IDC message boards.

    I'm not sure what has prompted their withdrawal, but I did not see the Shibutani's name on the start order for the Junior free dance.
    Hello! Can you please send me the link to where you found this starting line up? I am aware of the Shibutani's withdrawl but I would like an official confirmation from Ice-Dance or the USFSA site.
    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Paying the bills
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not on the ice
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Hello! Can you please send me the link to where you found this starting line up? I am aware of the Shibutani's withdrawl but I would like an official confirmation from Ice-Dance or the USFSA site.
    Thank you!
    Sorry but they do not post start orders online for this event. It's only at the rink. I also doubt that usfs will publish a statement as this isn't a qualifying competition. The results will be posted on the www.lakeplacidskating.com site and we are reporting via the ice-dance.com link that Sylvia provided above. Pictures from some practices are up.

  8. #8
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Sorry but they do not post start orders online for this event. It's only at the rink. I also doubt that usfs will publish a statement as this isn't a qualifying competition. The results will be posted on the www.lakeplacidskating.com site and we are reporting via the ice-dance.com link that Sylvia provided above. Pictures from some practices are up.
    Ok, thank you for the information. The fact that their names are not on the roster at the actual rink makes the withdrawal official, then. Once again, thank you so much for posting and all the coverage...or I would have been waiting forever for some kind of article.
    I hope you enjoy the competition.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Lake Placid official results index page (results are being uploaded at the end of each day): http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/new.../09results.php

    Unofficial results (during the day), comments and first-hand impressions are being posted by ice-dance.com staff at:
    http://lpidc.ice-dance.com/2009/staffblog/
    and
    http://twitter.com/icedancecom

    Competition schedule through Saturday: http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/new...le_rev7.21.pdf

    ice-dance.com's extensive photo gallery: http://photography.ice-dance.com/2009LakePlacidIDC/

  10. #10
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,165

    some videos are showing up

    So far, only of the top 1 senior FD's has appeared (edited :blush: to reflect mistake)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTLy...eature=channel
    NavBoms winning FD (81.42)

    Summersett/Gilles FD (2nd) (76.89)

    Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt FD 3rd (74.96)

    Hann McCurdy / Coreno FD 4th (74.68)
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 08-09-2009 at 09:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Ice Dance Obsessee lmarie086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l0L8...eature=channel
    Summersett/Gilles FD (2nd) (76.89)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quFOm...eature=channel
    Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt FD 3rd (74.96)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oeW2...eature=channel
    Hann McCurdy / Coreno FD 4th (74.68)
    Those are actually from 2007, it looks like the only one from this year is NavBoms. Congratulations on their win, but I'm not sure what I think of their FD. On one hand I think the music suits them very well, but the program has an exhibition feeling to it. Still, I like it a lot better than last seasons FD-by far.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 08-09-2009 at 09:24 AM.

  12. #12
    The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Those are actually from 2007, it looks like the only one from this year is NavBoms. Congratulations on their win, but I'm not sure what I think of their FD. On one hand I think the music suits them very well, but the program has an exhibition feeling to it. Still, I like it a lot better than last seasons FD-by far.
    I agree with the above. I love the program but find it more showy than competitive in quality. It will be thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, but will not get them to the podium.

  13. #13
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,165
    Sorry for the mistake. I got excited because it was the same poster on youtube (alikasher)

    I hope she will post more from this year, though.

  14. #14
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    I agree with the above. I love the program but find it more showy than competitive in quality. It will be thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, but will not get them to the podium.
    I too keep questioning why they keep shooting themselves in the foot by skating to pop music for their freedances. The judges are not going to take that seriously, and it is a pity because they have some good things about their skating and nice chemistry.

  15. #15
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I too keep questioning why they keep shooting themselves in the foot by skating to pop music for their freedances. The judges are not going to take that seriously, and it is a pity because they have some good things about their skating and nice chemistry.
    They are one of my favorite teams partially because they have great chemistry and skate to their strengths. Maybe they also want to help move the judges into the 21st century? It would be a really sad thing if the only dance troupes in the world were classical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •