Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Qing Pang&Jian Tong New SP-The pearl fishers

  1. #1
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40

    Qing Pang&Jian Tong New SP-The pearl fishers


  2. #2
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    575
    Thank you for the video!
    It's really nice music!

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    i loved their program, but why are they listed to have only one grand prix and not 2, for heavens sake they are the GPF champions.
    If it is ISU doing ... BOOOOOO; or did they loose the position in favor of Shen and Zhao
    Last edited by life684; 08-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    i loved their program, but why are they listed to have only one grand prix and not 2, for heavens sake they are the GPF champions.
    If it is ISU doing ... BOOOOOO; or did they loose the position in favor of Shen and Zhao
    Of course Pang and Tong have two GPs next season; their results in 2008-9 made this automatic. Look at the assignments: they will compete at the Rostelecom Cup (CoR) and at NHK.

    It's true that they did not get CoC, but there could be all sorts of reasons for this, including the possiblity that the Chinese fed doesn't want all the top pairs going against each other, and the likelihood that they wanted S/Z to do their first GP in three years on home ice.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 08-05-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: typos

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Of course Pang and Tong have two GPs next season; their results in 2008-9 made this automatic. Look at the assignments: they will compete at the Rostelecom Cup (CoR) and at NHK.

    It's true that they did not get CoC, but there could be all sorts of reasons for this, including the possiblity that the Chinese fed doesn't want all the top pairs going against each other, and the likelihood that they wanted S/Z to do their first GP in three years on home ice.
    Thanks for that Buttercup, I only checked the ISU grand Prix results and entries in tabular format, that have them competing only in Japan, hopefully ISU will update them

    the results:
    Last edited by life684; 08-05-2009 at 03:52 AM.

  6. #6
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    zizi, Thanks for the link!

    And congratulations on your first post.

    Post long, post often.

  7. #7
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,185
    Thanks for the link. Loved it!!

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    517
    Thanks for the link too! They look good! Go P/T!

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    239
    Gorgeous program, love it. I always have a soft spot for P&T in my heart.

  10. #10
    Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    813
    I love P/T's new program, they have such great chemistry together. I prefer them MILES above the Zhang's.

  11. #11
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Honestly? You could take Savchenko/Szolkowy's short program music and play it next to Pang/Tong's program - it would be a great fit. And the other way around, too. Both use very lyrical classical music and just skate the elements, I don't see any real connection to the music. It only looks good because Pang/Tong have great chemistry on ice, the same way Savchenko/Szolkowy's program will look good because they have great skating skills and speed. Those programs are just blah.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    146
    Fantastic!! It's a great program,,,,,and it links to the original opera story and music nicely.
    I believe it would be better if the space is bigger and with their new clothes on. (hopefully their new clothes wont be as bad as their last ones)

    Personally I like PT's program better than SS's, I wont say SS's program is boring, but it's almost there, especially the "clowns" look...doesnt really link to the feeling of the music,,,only links to the lyrics....
    Last edited by yqs100; 08-06-2009 at 12:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    I love P/T's new program, they have such great chemistry together. I prefer them MILES above the Zhang's.
    It's not ZHANGs' fault,,,,their coach should set them free and let them skate to some powerful and famous music rather than the folk tunes.......

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    439
    Beautiful.
    Interestingly the Zhangs could touch my soul this year with their SP even if they are more technical skater (acrobats) than figure skater.
    Don't forget it, if you talk about "chemistry" it ONLY can exist when the perfect technique is there but you don't need to pay attention of that, because they make it to look easy and simple. THAT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING to reach that!!!!

    This program is touching AND still figure skating. Great.

    I can't wait to see the most interesting pair's programs for this season (Shen/Zhao of course).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •