Qing Pang&Jian Tong New SP-The pearl fishers

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Thank you for the video! :)
It's really nice music!

life684

Final Flight
i loved their program, but why are they listed to have only one grand prix and not 2, for heavens sake they are the GPF champions.
If it is ISU doing ... BOOOOOO; or did they loose the position in favor of Shen and Zhao

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
i loved their program, but why are they listed to have only one grand prix and not 2, for heavens sake they are the GPF champions.
If it is ISU doing ... BOOOOOO; or did they loose the position in favor of Shen and Zhao
Of course Pang and Tong have two GPs next season; their results in 2008-9 made this automatic. Look at the assignments: they will compete at the Rostelecom Cup (CoR) and at NHK.

It's true that they did not get CoC, but there could be all sorts of reasons for this, including the possiblity that the Chinese fed doesn't want all the top pairs going against each other, and the likelihood that they wanted S/Z to do their first GP in three years on home ice.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Of course Pang and Tong have two GPs next season; their results in 2008-9 made this automatic. Look at the assignments: they will compete at the Rostelecom Cup (CoR) and at NHK.

It's true that they did not get CoC, but there could be all sorts of reasons for this, including the possiblity that the Chinese fed doesn't want all the top pairs going against each other, and the likelihood that they wanted S/Z to do their first GP in three years on home ice.

Thanks for that Buttercup, I only checked the ISU grand Prix results and entries in tabular format, that have them competing only in Japan, hopefully ISU will update them

the results:

Last edited:

ae9177

On the Ice
Gorgeous program, love it. I always have a soft spot for P&T in my heart. :thumbsup:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I love P/T's new program, they have such great chemistry together. I prefer them MILES above the Zhang's.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Honestly? You could take Savchenko/Szolkowy's short program music and play it next to Pang/Tong's program - it would be a great fit. And the other way around, too. Both use very lyrical classical music and just skate the elements, I don't see any real connection to the music. It only looks good because Pang/Tong have great chemistry on ice, the same way Savchenko/Szolkowy's program will look good because they have great skating skills and speed. Those programs are just blah.

yqs100

On the Ice
Fantastic!! It's a great program,,,,,and it links to the original opera story and music nicely.
I believe it would be better if the space is bigger and with their new clothes on. (hopefully their new clothes wont be as bad as their last ones)

Personally I like PT's program better than SS's, I wont say SS's program is boring, but it's almost there, especially the "clowns" look...doesnt really link to the feeling of the music,,,only links to the lyrics....

Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
I love P/T's new program, they have such great chemistry together. I prefer them MILES above the Zhang's.

It's not ZHANGs' fault,,,,their coach should set them free and let them skate to some powerful and famous music rather than the folk tunes.......

Big Deal

Final Flight
Beautiful.
Interestingly the Zhangs could touch my soul this year with their SP even if they are more technical skater (acrobats) than figure skater.
Don't forget it, if you talk about "chemistry" it ONLY can exist when the perfect technique is there but you don't need to pay attention of that, because they make it to look easy and simple. THAT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING to reach that!!!!

This program is touching AND still figure skating. Great.

I can't wait to see the most interesting pair's programs for this season (Shen/Zhao of course).