Palin Getting A Divorce???? | Golden Skate

Palin Getting A Divorce????

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Dee maybe this might help:

"A rep for former Alaska Gov. and Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has firmly denied Internet reports this weekend that she and husband Todd Palin both had affairs and are now planning to divorce.

"No truth to any of the rumors," wrote the rep in an e-mail to PEOPLE. "No divorce. No affairs. No land in Montana. Nothing! All lies and fabrications!"

The reports, published on several Alaskan Web sites, allege extramarital affairs on both sides and an impending divorce, and claim the 45-year-old politician is considering moving her family to Montana afterward."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IIRC, this rumor was started by the ADN blogger who absolutely HATES Sarah... so I would take it with less than a grain of salt...

could honestly care less at this point. she has been over used in and by the media since october... I miss Governor Palin....

jennylovskt

Medalist
I was shocked by the thread title. In my mind, if she is as conservative as she appeared, she would never divorce, just like she would never do abortion.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Oh not really. Male right-wing politicians divorce and have mistresses all the time, and as for abortion, google "The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" sometime. Rules are for other people, not for them.
She wouldn't even be the first right-wing female politician to divorce, though obviously there's a double standard there.
Still, I suspect this one's false.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
and as for abortion, google "The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" sometime.
I think Palin won absolution from that particular criticism with her decision to keep her last baby...

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Now, y'all know I'm a "my left is further over than your left" kinda a girl - so I'm no Palin fan... but one thing her rise and fall and maybe rise again illustrates in the most painful way possible is that the modern governmental systems have made it impossible for "regular people" to run for major office... Palin was a Governor of a state that gave her the chance to breath and live her life while doing her job... her thrust onto the national stage followed by the media (both liberal & conservative in my opinion...) seemed to shake this family to its core. The legal bills are a whole other rant...

Its very sad to watch this play out and gives one pause as to just how jacked our political system is...

Even if my blood ran cold at the thought of her have the nuclear codes... because my left is further over than your left:p

(Go Hillary!:bow:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh I agree... before her step into the national limelight our "local" (run by Californian companies, go figure) media could have cared less about her daily life... heck we wouldn't have even found out about Bristol until the baby was born, and only after he started making it into the family photo - because it was none of our business. I can't tell you ANYTHING Tony Knowles' family did outside the realm of politics in the 8 years he was governor... nor did we care. We cared about policy and what our governor was doing to/for the state. Period.

Then outsiders came in and screwed it all up. The story of Alaska, folks.