Thread: Entries for JGP Lake Placid

Custom Title

Entries for JGP Lake Placid

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011073.htm

some notable names:

Ladies: Kristine Musademba, DeeDee Leng & Taylor Firth (USA), Yukiko Fujisawa (JPN), Ksenia Makarova (RUS) and Na-Young Kim (KOR). Kim is a shocker; she was on the GP last season.

Men: Gonzalez, Miner & Farris (USA) should dominate, but Alexander Majorov is also here.

Pairs: Bird/Schulz (CAN), Simpson/Miller (USA), Takahashi/Tran (JPN) and Morand/Dorsaz (SUI).

Dance: Ralph/Hill (CAN), Shibutani/Shibutani, Tibbetts/Brubaker and Canuscio/Lorello (USA) and Zenkova/Sinitsin (RUS)

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Na-Young....yeah that's a shocker.

I am more shocked that Japan actually has a pairs team!!!

Custom Title
    Clearly, you haven't been following figure skating closely enough They made the Junior Grand Prix final last year and the Japanese fed gave them the nod to compete at NHK.

Custom Title
    Ladies seems like Kristine and Yukiko's to lose. Go Kristine!

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Cannuscio and Lorello have withdrawn. Lauri Bonacorsi and Travis Mager replace them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Cannuscio and Lorello have withdrawn. Lauri Bonacorsi and Travis Mager replace them.
    Cannuscio/Lorello are listed for the next JGP in Poland

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    I think Yukiko really has this competition going for her. Kristine will most likely be her main competition, but maybe Na-Young will come back as a dark horse in the junior ranks?
    The Japanese pairs team here is pretty strong, too. I think Farris has a good chance here for the US men!
    I think the Shibutanis will dominate the ice dance field here, no question.

Custom Title
    Na-Young was a placeholder. Min-Jung Kwak will take her spot after a test skate.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Na-Young was a placeholder. Min-Jung Kwak will take her spot after a test skate.
    Hmm...I must say that's a bit of a shame. So that means Na-Young won't be competing on any GP circuit this year?
    I guess it's not really suprising that they would choose Kwak in this case. Despite Na-Young's experience, Min-Jung has sounder jumping technique though her steps have something to be desired.
    Thank you for the information!

Custom Title
    You're welcome I think it's best for Na-Young to not go back to the JGP. It certainly would be a step back. Perhaps she can have a few good competitions in Senior B's and maybe snag the second Korean spot to the Olympics.

ITA with you that it's Yukiko's competition to lose. Kristine is great, but she's so inconsistent. Yukiko is really solid and has good spins - better than Kristine. Also, she's been landing the 2A+3T which is a great weapon.

I'd like to see Ksenia Makarova and Rosa Sheveleva do well here. They both have nice style.

Yes, I'm really excited to see Yukiko here. She really impressed me this past year despite her hard time at Japanese Nationals. She's technically strong but her expression is really nice, too
    I hope Makarova does well, too. She's got good transitions and flow across the ice but I don't think she can touch Yukiko technically.
    As for pairs, I'll be rooting for Takahashi/Tran. I think they are very unrated.They've got really solid basic skills!!

Custom Title
    T/T are very good skaters and appealing on the ice, but they have got to stop making so many dumb mistakes!

I think the Swiss pair will do really well here. They were 1 placement away from qualifying for the Olympics and they have improved a lot under Ingo Steuer.

As much as I like them, I know what you mean about T/T. It's like--it's like Patrick Chan falling on a back crossover!
    I do see a lot of potential in them...they have a sort of fire.

How old is Dorsaz now? I'm a little worried he might be out-growing the junior circuit. Or maybe he just looks older.

Also in ice dancing, I hope Ralph/Hill do well, too. I think they had a pretty good season this year. Their FD was

All in all, to be perfectly honest, Lake Placid is the first JGP event I'm really excited about.

Custom Title
    I'm excited about Budapest because I just adore Angela Maxwell & Miriam Ziegler. Ellie Kawamura is great too Polina Shelepen isn't my favorite of the Russian youngsters, but I'd like to see how she does internationally.

I really like the young Russian team Ilynikh/Katsalapov and I'm hoping they will medal there.