Entries for JGP Lake Placid | Golden Skate

Entries for JGP Lake Placid

oleada

Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011073.htm

some notable names:

Ladies: Kristine Musademba, DeeDee Leng & Taylor Firth (USA), Yukiko Fujisawa (JPN), Ksenia Makarova (RUS) and Na-Young Kim (KOR). Kim is a shocker; she was on the GP last season.

Men: Gonzalez, Miner & Farris (USA) should dominate, but Alexander Majorov is also here.

Pairs: Bird/Schulz (CAN), Simpson/Miller (USA), Takahashi/Tran (JPN) and Morand/Dorsaz (SUI).

Dance: Ralph/Hill (CAN), Shibutani/Shibutani, Tibbetts/Brubaker and Canuscio/Lorello (USA) and Zenkova/Sinitsin (RUS)

oleada

Record Breaker
Clearly, you haven't been following figure skating closely enough ;) They made the Junior Grand Prix final last year and the Japanese fed gave them the nod to compete at NHK. :rock:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I think Yukiko really has this competition going for her. Kristine will most likely be her main competition, but maybe Na-Young will come back as a dark horse in the junior ranks?
The Japanese pairs team here is pretty strong, too. I think Farris has a good chance here for the US men!
I think the Shibutanis will dominate the ice dance field here, no question.

oleada

Record Breaker
Na-Young was a placeholder. Min-Jung Kwak will take her spot after a test skate.

100yen

Medalist
Na-Young was a placeholder. Min-Jung Kwak will take her spot after a test skate.

Hmm...I must say that's a bit of a shame. So that means Na-Young won't be competing on any GP circuit this year?
I guess it's not really suprising that they would choose Kwak in this case. Despite Na-Young's experience, Min-Jung has sounder jumping technique though her steps have something to be desired.
Thank you for the information! :yes:

oleada

Record Breaker
You're welcome :) I think it's best for Na-Young to not go back to the JGP. It certainly would be a step back. Perhaps she can have a few good competitions in Senior B's and maybe snag the second Korean spot to the Olympics.

ITA with you that it's Yukiko's competition to lose. Kristine is great, but she's so inconsistent. Yukiko is really solid and has good spins - better than Kristine. Also, she's been landing the 2A+3T which is a great weapon.

I'd like to see Ksenia Makarova and Rosa Sheveleva do well here. They both have nice style.

100yen

Medalist
Yes, I'm really excited to see Yukiko here. She really impressed me this past year despite her hard time at Japanese Nationals. She's technically strong but her expression is really nice, too :yes:
I hope Makarova does well, too. She's got good transitions and flow across the ice but I don't think she can touch Yukiko technically.
As for pairs, I'll be rooting for Takahashi/Tran. I think they are very unrated.They've got really solid basic skills!! :cool:

oleada

Record Breaker
T/T are very good skaters and appealing on the ice, but they have got to stop making so many dumb mistakes!

I think the Swiss pair will do really well here. They were 1 placement away from qualifying for the Olympics and they have improved a lot under Ingo Steuer.

100yen

Medalist
As much as I like them, I know what you mean about T/T. It's like--it's like Patrick Chan falling on a back crossover!
I do see a lot of potential in them...they have a sort of fire.

How old is Dorsaz now? I'm a little worried he might be out-growing the junior circuit.:confused: Or maybe he just looks older.

Also in ice dancing, I hope Ralph/Hill do well, too. I think they had a pretty good season this year. Their FD was :love:

All in all, to be perfectly honest, Lake Placid is the first JGP event I'm really excited about.

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm excited about Budapest because I just adore Angela Maxwell & Miriam Ziegler. Ellie Kawamura is great too ;) Polina Shelepen isn't my favorite of the Russian youngsters, but I'd like to see how she does internationally.

I really like the young Russian team Ilynikh/Katsalapov and I'm hoping they will medal there.