Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Kwan's decision was based on Cohen's?

Custom Title

Do you think Kwan's decision was based on Cohen's?

I was just wondering if Michelle thought that Sasha had said yes to coming back and only 2 spots available for Olympics that it would be tough or not worth her coming back.

I was wondering if things might have been different if Sasha did not comeback and there were 3 vacant spots.

I know Michelle did not think along those lines as she is a woman of great intellect and it was important to her to find a future career but just wondering if those things above helped in her decision.

It is a shame she is not competing one last time as it would have been great to see her against the current crop of champions but I am glad she followed her heart and in my opinion is doing the right thing.

Only 2 spots for Olympic maybe a factor, but I don't think it has anything to do with sasha. Consider Kwan always won her in the past. It should be on the other way around whether Sasha would had announced her come back if Kwan announced earlier that sheis joining the compeition.

I doubt that Sasha's decision played any part, if it had the announcement might have come sooner.

I expect when push came to shove she just found her body couldn't do what it used to and rather than look back towards her legendary skating career she simply chose to look forward and try to be a legend in a new field.

Ant

Shoe Diva
    I agree with Ant... My impression of Michelle is that she's extremely ambitious and has that driving need to be number one in anything she does... figure skating was her outlet and she's been there, done that and upon reflection is more jazzed by future challenges rather than old ones...

I'd also speculate - with no real basis in fact - that she looked around her ice rink and thought - "wow, I simply don't want to do this anymore" and will move on to bigger & brighter & you know more lucrative things. It's GOT to be hard to be a woman amongst little girls - most of whom idolize you...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    IIt's GOT to be hard to be a woman amongst little girls - most of whom idolize you...
    I think you know this first hand since since that's how I feel about you here on this board. I better watch my Ps & Qs otherwise I'll have another poster tell me to stop overreacting towards you.

Anyhow, I think Sasha & Michelle make up their minds regardless of what the other is doing.

Custom Title
    i doubt sasha had any say in the matter, in fact i wouldn't have been surprised if the US figure skating didn't know in May that Michelle wouldn't be coming back,
    why in June some papers and disson skating alluded to the fact that Michelle would be going to College in the Fall before it became official with the US figure skating and the papers. It almost came out immediately after her graduation ceremony in June that Michelle would be going to Tufts. (it just wasn't announced officially until July).

Custom Title
    Michelle could see which way the wind was blowing. There was no reasonable way she could win Nationals, let alone the Olympics.

Down With It
    my one word answer to the topic title:

No.

Custom Title
    sasha cant win the olympics or should win nationals.
    the only way sasha can win is by cheating for her (overlooking her bad jumps). which they did at the 2006 nationals . sothey will again. cheat for sasha,

by the way sasha can't medal at the olympics, the way i figure it sasha can only place as high as 8th (that is being generous) she should finished below 10th if she goes (by cheating at us nationals).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    my one word answer to the topic title:

No.
    Mine too!

My impression of Michelle is that she's extremely ambitious and has that driving need to be number one in anything she does... figure skating was her outlet and she's been there, done that and upon reflection is more jazzed by future challenges rather than old ones...

I'd also speculate - with no real basis in fact - that she looked around her ice rink and thought - "wow, I simply don't want to do this anymore"...
    I believe and hope that this speculation is 100% on the money. You read my mind. (Now if Michelle would just post and say, hey, you read my mind, too. )

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I think you know this first hand since since that's how I feel about you here on this board. I better watch my Ps & Qs otherwise I'll have another poster tell me to stop overreacting towards you.

Anyhow, I think Sasha & Michelle make up their minds regardless of what the other is doing.
    No... Its by following the example of you and Spun that Toni hasn't booted me off a looonnggg time ago - 'cause you KNOW I have no tolerance for the newbie nonsense... And for the record - if one can't over react, why spend time on a fan board?!? Why spend time on ANYTHING that doesn't bring out your cranky side? That's why I don't visit oh, I don't know... glass blowing sites...

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Michelle could see which way the wind was blowing. There was no reasonable way she could win Nationals, let alone the Olympics.
    C'mon... Did you WATCH Nationals? I could win Nationals... depth in sport should NOT be "mile wide, inch deep" these girls are simply not ready yet...

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    No... Its by following the example of you and Spun that Toni hasn't booted me off a looonnggg time ago.
    How nice to be remembered, and so nicely. Yes, I am the power behind the mods.

Notice anything different about me, Kwanford?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    The only way Michelle wouldn't have had an excellent shot at winning Nationals would have been because of her injury. A healthy Michelle would be miles ahead of most of the current crop of US ladies. And the Olympics has become a crap-shoot, so who knows?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    ['cause you KNOW I have no tolerance for the newbie nonsense... And for the record - if one can't over react, why spend time on a fan board?!? Why spend time on ANYTHING that doesn't bring out your cranky side? That's why I don't visit oh, I don't know... glass blowing sites...
    Too, too funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KW
    C'mon... Did you WATCH Nationals? I could win Nationals... depth in sport should NOT be "mile wide, inch deep" these girls are simply not ready yet...
    KW, you just make me laugh so hard.....

I have just one word for you!!!!

FABULOUS!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast