Evan Lysacek wins Skater of Year Award | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek wins Skater of Year Award

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Evan Lysacek Wins SKATING Magazine 2009 Readers' Choice Skater of the Year Award - Announced today by UFSFA. :clap:

fairly4

Medalist
congratulations evan on winning the award, davis and white and johnny weir rounding out the top 3.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I somehow did not expect him to win, but he sure deserves it. What a great year he is having! :rock::clap::biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Although I'm not really a fan, I find D/W's 2008-9 season very impressive - probably more than Lysacek's because they were consistently good throughout.

D/W started strong by winning SC, came back from a horrid OD to finish on the podium at CoR and make it through to the GPF; medalled at the GPF (yes, it was an injury-depleted field, but that's still really good), won US Nats, beat V/M in Canada at 4CC, and came within a tiny fraction of a point of winning a medal in LA, where by most accounts they were the crowd favorites - all this despite being considered the second American team in a discipline in which reputation has a major effect on the placement.

I don't really get Meryl and Charlie artistically, but I have to say, those are phenomenal results for a relatively young team, and they're setting themsleves up very well for the next Olympic cycle. I just hope they do something about next season's music, because I don't want another POTO :eek:.