Idol loses Abdul! | Golden Skate

Idol loses Abdul!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090805/ap_en_mu/us_american_idol_abdul

Abdul's latest stunt might be her most shocking. She dropped an online bombshell Tuesday night on her Twitter page, posting that she had decided to leave the show after eight seasons. That leaves a three judge-panel of Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi, who signed up for another season after joining as a fourth judge last year.

Can't say it's surprising. I may tune in and watch with interest this season.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I saw this coming. I think the show will go on without her, but still, she was on from the beginning so it will have lost a little something.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kara, however.

antmanb

Record Breaker
The reports in the UK after the last seasno ended was that Cowell was sacking her. He was hoping to replace her with the latest judge to join his X Factor programme in the UK Cheryl Cole (though I think US audiences woud have really struggled to understand her strong Newcastle accent;)).

Apparently Cheryl turned down the offer as she wants to spend the majority of her time in the UK.

EDIT: Seems reports here in the UK say that Victoria Beckham has been offered a few trial slots to replace Paula. That's right folks the one who actually couldn't sing or dance (or do anything musical whatsoever) in the Spice Girls (and that's pretty slim pickings right there in terms of musical talent, and she was at the bottom of the pile!).

Ant

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually think I will miss her. Boo to Ms. Beckham.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not crazy about Mrs. Beckham (in fact, I wonder why VB was even invited to the show) but still, I don't get the massive outcry- she's doing only ONE episode! If she were replacing Paula, then I could understand (and I might have even joined in).

antmanb

Record Breaker
Not crazy about Mrs. Beckham (in fact, I wonder why VB was even invited to the show) but still, I don't get the massive outcry- she's doing only ONE episode! If she were replacing Paula, then I could understand (and I might have even joined in).

Well the reports over here are that Simon's finally learnt his lesson the hard way - he signed up UK actress Kelly Brook to be a permanent judge on Britain's Got Talent only to find she was awful and sacked her after a couple of shows (but was obviously still stung for the full fee for her)

He's also had a situation with having Brian Friedman as a judge on X factor only to have it not work out (though he remains the show's choreographer so from a monetary perspective that was probably ok).

The speculation is that he won't risk signing her up for the full show in case (as i suspect she will be) she is a disaster on the show so she's only been signed up for a couple of shows.

EDIT: Oh and also the reason she's been asked is because Simon Fuller is her manager!

Ant

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ant, I love how you put things into perspective.

antmanb

Record Breaker
It helps that a friend of mine loves the gossip mags and keeps me up to date on the banal world of celebrities!!

Ant

R.D.

Record Breaker
EDIT: Oh and also the reason she's been asked is because Simon Fuller is her manager!

:eek: I didn't know that. Wow, that sure explains a lot...

eta: still, this is AMERICAN Idol (as Seacrest puts so nicely)...can't we get an, ...er....AMERICAN judge?! Is that too much to ask for??

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, looks like Ant's knowledge is proven true on this side of the Atlantic now... Mrs. Beckham has started work:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090808/ap_en_tv/us_tv_american_idol
Victoria Beckham was on hand Friday for the first round of "American Idol" auditions in the post-Paula Abdul era. The former Spice Girl arrived at a downtown Denver hotel where call-back auditions were being held as scores of onlookers crowded against rope barriers, many snapping photos.