Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

Custom Title
    Great to see FLEUR MAXWELL on the entry list, she wins hands down on PCS but I worry for her with the jumps.

Julia Sebestyen should win the competition, maybe Candice Didier 2nd and Joshi Helgesson third, dont count out Yan Liu or Anastasia Gimazetdinova who have the experience.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Custom Title
    The official entries are up at the Nebelhorn Webpage

http://www.eislauf-union.de/NebelhornTrophy2009.html

Apparently they cut down the entries to one skater/team in each category by country (except for Host Country Germany). So no Flatt, Bradley, Takeda, Hubbells, Platonova/Grachev :(

Still an amazing field and am soo excited to see who gets the remaining spots.
    Last edited by SamuraiKike; 08-14-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Greece has added an ice dance team. I will update my Olympic qualifying post for ice dance.

Custom Title
    FANTASTIC line up! Especially for ladies.

You got the qualification competition for the open 7 Olympic spots. BUT, the Podium battle is going to be great.

Alissa Czisny vs. Fumie Suguri vs. Sarah Meier vs. Kiira Korpi

I love it! Have not been this excited about Nebelhorn Trophy in a long time!

I'm not sure Fleur will get the highest PCS. Are you guys forgetting Fumie Suguri and Sarah Meier? I think those two will get the highest PCS. Anyways, I hope Fumie wins, despite Japan already being qualified for the Olympics.

Good luck to all!

On the Ice
    I know that a French TV station have bought the rights to show the Nebelhorn Trophy. I think TF1 of Eurosport! I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by billyelliot1971 View Post
    I know that a French TV station have bought the rights to show the Nebelhorn Trophy. I think TF1 of Eurosport! I hope.
    Uahhh! How great is that. Even if it is TF1 (mostly skating gets broadcasted on TF3 or TF4 though)... But I sincerely hope that it's Eurosport.

Custom Title
    Great line up. Apart from Stephane Lambiel and Julia Sebestyen the rest of the remaining spots seem to be wide open, they really need a good SP to get points advantage.

Does anyone know if British Eurosport is showing Nebelhorn (maybe not)

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Great line up. Apart from Stephane Lambiel and Julia Sebestyen the rest of the remaining spots seem to be wide open, they really need a good SP to get points advantage.

Does anyone know if British Eurosport is showing Nebelhorn (maybe not)
    I seriously doubt UK Eurosport will show any of it. We'll be lucky to have GPs again.

I think that other than Stephane and Julia, there are others who are pretty likely to make it: Fedor Andreev if his paperwork is sorted out and Stefan Lindemann if he's healthy; in the ladies, Candice Didier, Cantu, Katz, and whichever Helgesson ends up going all seem likely to qualify (though Katz and Helgesson would also need to finish top-10 at Euros, most likely); and Della Monica/Kocon and probably Morand/Dorsaz in the pairs. In dance, so long as they have no injury issues, Hoffman/Zavozin seem like a done deal.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Ryan Bradley has replaced Brandon Mroz (presumably as a result of the DuPage results)

Rinkside
    Australian Entries:

Men: Robert MacNamara
    Ladies: Cheltzie Lee
    Dance: O'Brien and Merriman

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    17 August 2009: Ryan Bradley has replaced Brandon Mroz (presumably as a result of the DuPage results)
    Brandon Mroz is still listed as the entry on the US Figure Skating website (international assignments page) and on the Nebelhorn website (men's entries).

Custom Title
    Men: i hope to see how Lambiel does on his return to international competition and would like to see how he is scored. personally would like to see Ryan bradley skate here than Mroz,; hopefully we won't be discussing why Fedor Andreev was not allowed to skate and who is to blame for it.

Ladies: Suguri ( as much as I like her, I wish Nakano, Ando and Asada will represent Japan at the Olympics) and Sebestyen makes it look like a competition from 10 years ago. i wonder why people call Sebestyen granny, when Suguri is older than her. Would like to see Korpii skate, sorry not a fan of Czisny (too much hype and not substance to support that)

Pairs: S/S (GER), V/M(UKR), M/R (RUS) in field, i know M/R have to perform at their best for getting the bronze, but they have a unique style and would really love them to perform a clean skate (if that happens would not care if they medal or not)

Ice Dance: this competition will give us some indication of how judges are going to treat D/W, whether just as US no.2 or as world championships 4th placer. If former happens P/B (especially considering they are de-facto french No. 1)has a good chance to score better than the americans. would like to see how Riaznova and Tkachenko get along, if they do well they could be the next pairing to be targeted by Linichuck and Kasp... (can't bother to write that long name)team . Good luck to Hoffmann and Zavozin and hope they will qualify for olympics.
    Last edited by life684; 08-24-2009 at 11:58 AM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    i wonder why people call Sebestyen granny, when Suguri is older than her.
    Julia Sebestyen used to keep her hair short in a style more commonly seen on older women in central Europe, so she became known on skating message boards as "Granny Hair" or just "Granny". She had much longer hair this past season, so the nickname no longer fit.

nefertiti..reincarnate

Fumie pulls out

Suguri pulled out of this competition due to insufficient preparation, according to her words on web news.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/09...0850000-n1.htm

She says the coach change is the cause of this.

Since the JSF didn't submit substitute entries beside her, no alternate appearing. Akiko or Mai or Aki could have gone there, d***...
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00006779.htm

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast