Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 301

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    i m not sure about costume -for competitions it looks too many things are there..
    but stephan looks awesome and like a man ,not a boy
    People who watched him there say that he was amazing even with mistakes and that he is better now than he was... And I believe them 'cause I like Stephan sooo much! And sooo glad that he is back!

  2. #77
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't like Stephane's costume, but I'm sure he'll have some fun story to explain the concept. I'm really curious as to how he got such a score with that sort of jump content. Does this mean he remains without a 3A?
    I am quite sure that he will try it for later in the season. But I guess right now it's just important that he gets half of his jumps right, gets gifted with massive PCS and therefore will get the spot at the Olympics.

    Stéphane doesn't have any Grand Prix events, for him the real season starts in the middle of January at Europeans, he doesn't need to skate well at Swiss Nationals in December either... So basically he has 5 months left to get in tip-top shape (probably including 3A attempts).

  3. #78
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    yes I wanted to ask, why they didnt gave him a spot in grand prix from TBA, he had not applied?

  4. #79
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yes I wanted to ask, why they didnt gave him a spot in grand prix from TBA, he had not applied?
    He did, but the countries filled them with their own skaters.

  5. #80
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I am quite sure that he will try it for later in the season. But I guess right now it's just important that he gets half of his jumps right, gets gifted with massive PCS and therefore will get the spot at the Olympics.

    Stéphane doesn't have any Grand Prix events, for him the real season starts in the middle of January at Europeans, he doesn't need to skate well at Swiss Nationals in December either... So basically he has 5 months left to get in tip-top shape (probably including 3A attempts).
    Right! I wonder if Stephane intends to spend any more time with Brian Orser to help work on his 3Axel. Hopefully, Orser can work some magic with Lambiel on the 3Axel a la Adam Rippon.

  6. #81
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    He did, but the countries filled them with their own skaters.
    It still may be likely someone may withdraw and Lambiel could possibly receive an invitation to a Grand Prix.

  7. #82
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm sure his phenomenal spins, footwork, and program components were the reason for his higher score, not his jump content. He likely got positive GOE for the clean 2Axel and 3flip too.
    A fall on the 4T means -4.8 GOE, no second jump on the combo and -1 off the total. That is a massive loss of points. A 2A, no matter how high the GOE, is also a hit in terms of the scoring. I don't care how good the rest of it is, or that it's an early season event; that score with those jumps is ludicrous, even for a skater of Stephane's talent.

  8. #83
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    He did, but the countries filled them with their own skaters.
    who makes the decisions anyway??they should have asked me...

  9. #84
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    A fall on the 4T means -4.8 GOE, no second jump on the combo and -1 off the total. That is a massive loss of points. A 2A, no matter how high the GOE, is also a hit in terms of the scoring. I don't care how good the rest of it is, or that it's an early season event; that score with those jumps is ludicrous, even for a skater of Stephane's talent.
    It was kind of expected though, he got similar scores at the Grand Prix events in 2007 for really really bad skates. Not that it is right though, and I would hate it if he won Europeans or an Olympic medal in front of e.g. a clean Brian Joubert, only because the ISU is (rightly) madly in love with him.

  10. #85
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    only because the ISU is (rightly) madly in love with him.
    Is there a n o t h e r woman??

  11. #86
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    It was kind of expected though, he got similar scores at the Grand Prix events in 2007 for really really bad skates. Not that it is right though, and I would hate it if he won Europeans or an Olympic medal in front of e.g. a clean Brian Joubert, only because the ISU is (rightly) madly in love with him.
    I think these scores more than anything for Stephane is a "welcome back!" from the judges. No matter the state of his jumps, there's no denying that Lambiel brings an elevated quality and difficulty in terms of spins, footwork, and program components when looking at the performance as a whole compared to many of the other skaters, particularly here at the Nebelhorn Trophy where there are no other BIG name skaters.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 09-24-2009 at 09:55 AM.

  12. #87
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    ISU result page Men's SP

    1 Stephane LAMBIEL SUI 77.45 38.10 40.35 7.95 7.80 8.05 8.20 8.35 1.00 #26
    2 Michal BREZINA CZE 73.23 39.88 33.35 6.65 6.15 6.75 6.85 6.95 0.00 #5
    3 Ryan BRADLEY USA 68.18 37.08 32.10 6.65 5.95 6.50 6.40 6.60 1.00 #32
    4 Joey RUSSELL CAN 67.80 35.80 32.00 6.50 6.10 6.30 6.50 6.60 0.00 #6
    5 Ivan TRETIAKOV RUS 67.05 38.50 28.55 5.95 5.35 5.80 5.80 5.65 0.00 #29
    6 Viktor PFEIFER AUT 65.32 35.02 30.30 6.15 5.80 6.05 6.10 6.20 0.00 #14
    7 Akio SASAKI JPN 64.30 32.10 32.20 6.30 6.10 6.60 6.50 6.70 0.00 #33
    8 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 63.95 33.10 30.85 6.45 5.70 6.05 6.30 6.35 0.00 #24
    9 Song Chol RI PRK 60.41 35.56 24.85 5.55 4.65 5.00 4.85 4.80 0.00 #20
    10 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 57.68 31.38 26.30 5.60 4.95 5.25 5.25 5.25 0.00 #3
    11 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR 57.23 29.08 29.15 6.05 5.55 5.75 5.85 5.95 1.00 #30
    12 Maciej CIEPLUCHA POL 56.35 31.10 26.25 5.45 5.05 5.30 5.25 5.20 1.00 #23
    13 Yannick PONSERO FRA 55.50 22.40 34.10 7.00 6.40 6.55 7.00 7.15 1.00 #10
    14 Alexandr KAZAKOV BLR 55.38 31.08 25.30 5.35 4.90 4.90 5.15 5.00 1.00 #19
    15 Zoltan KELEMEN ROU 54.49 30.84 23.65 4.85 4.35 4.80 4.80 4.85 0.00 #22
    16 Peter REITMAYER SVK 54.45 29.90 26.55 5.55 5.00 5.25 5.30 5.45 2.00 #18
    17 Min-Seok KIM KOR 54.19 30.44 24.75 5.30 4.45 5.15 4.95 4.90 1.00 #11
    18 Jialiang WU CHN 51.23 26.08 26.15 5.80 5.00 5.05 5.20 5.10 1.00 #28
    19 Viktor ROMANENKOV EST 51.00 27.50 23.50 4.90 4.35 4.75 4.80 4.70 0.00 #25
    20 Kevin ALVES BRA 50.82 28.42 22.40 4.55 4.00 4.65 4.60 4.60 0.00 #31
    21 Matthew PARR GBR 49.16 26.96 23.20 4.85 4.35 4.60 4.75 4.65 1.00 #12
    22 Boris MARTINEC CRO 46.63 24.98 21.65 4.45 3.95 4.35 4.40 4.50 0.00 #16
    23 Gregor URBAS SLO 46.59 21.94 24.65 5.15 4.70 4.90 4.95 4.95 0.00 #9
    24 Tigran VARDANJAN HUN 46.49 23.44 24.05 4.80 4.50 4.75 4.95 5.05 1.00 #8
    25 Maxim SHIPOV ISR 45.89 24.04 22.85 4.85 4.35 4.55 4.55 4.55 1.00 #13
    26 Kutay ERYOLDAS TUR 45.32 23.72 21.60 4.35 4.00 4.30 4.45 4.50 0.00 #21
    27 Stephen Li-Chung KUO TPE 43.00 22.40 21.60 4.55 4.05 4.40 4.35 4.25 1.00 #27
    28 Luis HERNANDEZ MEX 37.64 17.64 22.00 4.80 4.10 4.20 4.35 4.55 2.00 #17
    29 Justin PIETERSEN RSA 36.81 19.26 18.55 3.85 3.35 3.80 3.85 3.70 1.00 #15
    30 Pierre BALIAN ARM 35.68 17.88 17.80 3.75 3.20 3.70 3.65 3.50 0.00 #2
    31 Robert MCNAMARA AUS 34.96 15.46 19.50 4.20 3.50 4.00 4.00 3.80 0.00 #7
    32 Damjan OSTOJIC BIH 32.70 15.60 18.10 3.90 3.05 3.55 3.85 3.75 1.00 #1

    ----------------
    The fat skaters are major players, the underlined ones are the ones fighting for Olympic spots.

    That doesn't look too bad. 40 on PCS for Stéphane, that is what Chan gets, too.

    If you ask me - Ponsero got a much bigger present. 34 PCS with a TES of 22 points!
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-24-2009 at 10:17 AM.

  13. #88
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    That doesn't look too bad. 40 on PCS for Stéphane, that is what Chan gets, too.
    That's actually not true. Patrick Chan's best PCS in an SP - ever - was 38.60, and that was at 2009 4CC, where by all accounts he skated very well (though maybe not as well as his score indicates). When Chan is overmarked, it's usually the GOEs were the judges show their appreciation. 38 TES with a quad-fall, a 2A and a 3F (why not a 3Lz?) is, um, interesting.

    Does anyone know how Brezina did? That's a very good score for him.

  14. #89
    Custom Title luvsasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    328
    Well, for many (even judges) Lamibel is simply LOVE no matter how bad he skates

    So nice to see him back!

  15. #90
    Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On the shores of the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    882
    I think we will only see a 3A out of Stéphane Lambiel when he absolutely has to. I don't know if he needs it for this competition. The costume...sigh. I guess some things never change.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •