Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    competing naked and with oil all over their body-

You are full of great ideas!

-------------
    We Europeans are crap at promoting ourselves! Like, the articles about American skaters (Chan, Lysacek, Weir...) are always full of "the best program ever" "most intricate" "top-shape" "best shape ever" "absolutely fit" "highly motivated" "fantastic preperation".

But we, we have to print the truth or even negative opinions. What's up with that?

Case in point, NZZ (most prestigious Swiss newspaper and oldest newspaper still in print in the entire World) writes about Lambiel's long program:
    Doch es ist kein wirklich grosses Werk, keines das olympische Qualität hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by translation
    But it's not really a masterpiece, it doesn't have Olympic caliber.
    How about some propaganda people?
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-25-2009 at 02:52 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

Maybe Mathman can explain you the disadvantages of the L: angular momentum in human bodies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We Europeans are crap at promoting ourselves! Like, the articles about American skaters (Chan, Lysacek, Weir...) are always full of "the best program ever" "most intricate" "top-shape" "best shape ever" "absolutely fit" "highly motivated" "fantastic preperation".
    Well at this point, Lysacek and Weir's hype is all self-generated because no one has seen their programs yet.

And also, to be fair, I don't remember Lysacek or Weir ever skating this poorly as Lambiel did here (and I am looking at the actual programs here, not the marks because they are ridiculous).

But believe you me, if Weir and Lysacek came out and skated like that, Phill Hersh would get his typewriter out and the wrath of god would come down on their heads. ( Actually, Weir would probably get deported. Lysacek might get away with vast public humiliation and avoid deportation based on past achievements).

Chan is a whole other story. Don't get me started.

Apparently Stéphane isn't 100% sure if he is going to keep the LP. From here:
    Son programme libre pourrait changer

Le Valaisan avait déjà offert des prestations sur du tango moderne lors de galas ces dernières saisons, un avantage certain au moment de présenter son programme libre à Oberstdorf. Mais le point fort de Lambiel a bel et bien été son «Guillaume Tell» de la veille. Il ne serait ainsi pas étonnant qu'il y ait du changement sur le libre. Ce ne serait par ailleurs pas la première fois.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Well at this point, Lysacek and Weir's hype is all self-generated because no one has seen their programs yet.

And also, to be fair, I don't remember Lysacek or Weir ever skating this poorly as Lambiel did here (and I am looking at the actual programs here, not the marks because they are ridiculous).

But believe you me, if Weir and Lysacek came out and skated like that, Phill Hersh would get his typewriter out and the wrath of god would come down on their heads. ( Actually, Weir would probably get deported. Lysacek might get away with vast public humiliation and avoid deportation based on past achievements).

Chan is a whole other story. Don't get me started.
    Your post cracks me up. (cleaning coffee off my keyboard)

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Well, I definitely hope that doesn't happen. Before the debut of this program, I had doubts that team Lambiel could come up with another program that could out-do or at least be equally good as Poeta. They definitely did and this masterpiece of a program deserves to be performed on the Olympic ice!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Well, I definitely hope that doesn't happen. Before the debut of this program, I had doubts that team Lambiel could come up with another program that could out-do or at least be equally good as Poeta. They definitely didn't disappoint and this masterpiece of a program IMO deserves to be performed on the Olympic ice!

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    I'm so happy that Joanna and Mateusz qualified a spot for Poland.

Anyone knows the criteria of the polish federation?

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    I'm so happy that Joanna and Mateusz qualified a spot for Poland.

Anyone knows the criteria of the polish federation?
    Apparently they aren't be enforced against the two singles skaters, so I doubt they will be here.

Custom Title
    Yay for Anabelle & Cody Not a bad result for their first competition after missing last season!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Question: If a skater/nation earns a spot here, who does it go to? The skater himself/herself or the federation? So if, say, the North Korean skater got injured, could they send another one to the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Danke!!!

Custom Title
    you're welcome

If I'm not wrong, the spot goes to the country, not to the skater

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the spot goes to the country, not to the skater
    That's correct.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast