Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

On the Ice
    This is pure sexism, stupidity and narrow-mindedness. North-American men are all manly and don't wear sparkles - but the little girls still wear pretty / sexy / elaborate dresses with sparkles etc.
    Oh I don't know I think they balance each other. Charlie has had sparklies before, his Eleanor Rigby outfit was sparkly, but not crazy sparkly....

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    is this decorative enough?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20995082@N02/3010568921/

I admit I did not recognize him either. He should consider this look (the hair) for Phantom. It makes him looks scarier.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    Thanks Ferina! It indeed is a pretty decent LP. Sometimes I hope the UR punishment is too harsh, you get UR, and negative GOE, double punishment
    I read somewhere that it is no longer double. There is no longer a manditory negative GOE.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    He should consider this look (the hair) for Phantom. It makes him looks scarier.
    I agree that this hairstyle works much better for Phantom, except I don't think it makes Charlie look scary at all. IMO it makes him look sexy, passionate, and intense . . . maybe even a little ferocious. Just the way I like my men.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    I read somewhere that it is no longer double. There is no longer a manditory negative GOE.
    Right; it's no longer mandatory for the GOE on downgraded jumps to be negative, and the judges are no longer told that the tech panel downgraded them.

However, if the judges can see the underrotation for themselves and the other aspects of the element are no more than adequate, then the GOE will still be negative.

(In some cases other aspects of the jump will be less than adequate, in which case we would expect negative GOE even without a downgrade. With underrotation as well, there's more than one error, therefore more than one penalty.)

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Isn't an unmemorable costume half the point? This is skating, not a fashion show unlike some russian and french skaters would have us believe.
    I like a costume that suits the character of the program, without being distracting.

Aliona and Robin's SP make up !!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Then why is she wearing a sexy red dress and not a black skirt with a simple beige T-shirt? Her outfit looks very much like fashion, like theatre.

This is pure sexism, stupidity and narrow-mindedness. North-American men are all manly and don't wear sparkles - but the little girls still wear pretty / sexy / elaborate dresses with sparkles etc.

They want to make a statement - fine, do it like Virtue / Moir who both wore the simplest costumes to their freedance last year.
    If Charlie White is playing Raoul from Phantom of the Opera, then a ridiculously bland costume is in character.

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Aliona and Robin's SP make up !!!!

OMG. I can't believe they did that for competition. I knew they skated like that for the summer shows...but I wonder if they will risk this in Vancover. Very interesting.

If Charlie White is playing Raoul from Phantom of the Opera, then a ridiculously bland costume is in character.
    I get the feeling he is playing the Phantom.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Did anyone else hear the lyrics in Aliona and Robin's LP music? I could hear the choir singing 'You'll never walk alone' quite clearly, but I checked their scores and there wasn't any deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    With underrotation as well, there's more than one error, therefore more than one penalty.)
    To me, the downgrade all by itself is such a HUGE deduction that the other little tenths of a point are kind of irrelevant one way or another. A downgrade is not really a penalty for messing up the element. Rather, a downgrade says, you didn't do the element (a triple jump) at all.

I suppose the hope is that skaters will be forced to rotate their jumps fully or go home. Maybe some skaters will start planning a few double jumps in their programs, knowing that seven fully rotated triples is beyond their skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I suppose one could say, vive la differénce.

But, yeah, the Marlboro Man don't wear no sissy city-slicker duds (nice leatherwork on his chaps, though).

http://api.ning.com/files/Y1mnqyKgQB...rlboro_man.jpg
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-30-2009 at 11:35 AM.

practice makes perfect victoria90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    He is playing the Phantom.
    "It's a generalization of the story itself," White said. "We didn't have to go with the whole structure of the movie. There's the mystery when they meet, then the phantom gets Christine to love him, then he reveals his face at the end."

I agree his costume is quite simple, you don't expect that in a Phantom of the Opera FD. Someone over FSU posted this pic, it looks very similar to what Charlie's wearing.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    Did anyone else hear the lyrics in Aliona and Robin's LP music? I could hear the choir singing 'You'll never walk alone' quite clearly, but I checked their scores and there wasn't any deductions.
    I wondered this too. I wasn't sure if I was hearing actual words or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Heh. I was asking myself the same thing, at some point I was thinking that I simply might be imagining the words, because we all know the song so well.

But I don't care if there are lyrics or not I WANT NEW MUSIC ALTOGETHER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I was almost positive I heard it too, but I told my self I only thought I did becuase I know the lyrics. Maybe they think that it is worth the point deduction to get that artistic effect. They would be just to type to do that and still win

Did they not get decduced at this event? Maybe the judges are being lenient or else we are only imagining things.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast