Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

dgel

On the Ice
anyone know how ryan skated?

From Russian pbp, translated by Google- interpret how you like!

"Bradley with kruzhavchikami by Bach
4t nedokrutil, on one knee
2i
Runner him very early, but he is still her weary
2a raskolbasilo
3t2t?
If you think that this is not-jazzy Bach, you are much mistaken
Molodetskiy whistle from the stands
Tanya suggested poorat "cuckoo" - I think we now realize that
He meanwhile something priupal
3p
2a3t
3l2t2t and more podpryzhechka away
Delivered a uniquely

In training, we discussed that Bradley this year, much poluchshal has become more organic in the choreography, etc. This is all true, but at the box office, he spat on it all and the old kindly in razgildyayski отжог.
"Cuckoo" I still roar, though, summed up the voice, not so loud as would be appreciated
61.9 + 66.6 -1 = 127, .. (3)
195.68 (1)"

I spit on it all and roar Cuckoo!

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Stephane LAMBIEL SUI 232.36 1 1
2 Ivan TRETIAKOV RUS 206.23 5 2
3 Michal BREZINA CZE 205.34 2 3
4 Ryan BRADLEY USA 195.68 3 6
5 Viktor PFEIFER AUT 194.66 6 5
6 Yannick PONSERO FRA 187.56 13 4
7 Akio SASAKI JPN 179.16 7 9
8 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 178.88 8 8
9 Joey RUSSELL CAN 174.91 4 13
10 Maciej CIEPLUCHA POL 173.42 12 7

http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2009/CAT001RS.HTM

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
This was quick!

North Korea's first figure skater i OG then. And I am happy for Finland!

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
So the six remaining spots go to :

1) SUI - Lambiel 232.36 1st
2) AUT - Pfeifer 194.66 5th
3) GER- Lindemann 178.88 8th
4) PRK - Ri 172.14 11st
5) ROU - Kelemen 164.72 13rd
6) FIN - Nurmenkari 164.67 14th

Very surprised by Zoltan Kelemen he must have skated the LP of his life!!! Good for him. A little bummed BLR Kazakov didn't make it just by one place .... And North Korea surprises again and sends a skater.. I really wish the PRK skaters were sent to more international competitions.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Over 150 points! for a program with no 3Axel and no 3Lz and one popped jump? This is getting ridiculous:rolleye::rolleye:
Oh, come on! Chan didn't land one 3A in his World Team Trophy freeskate, fell - and scored 151 points.

And Stéphane brought a clean Quad.

That's as far as Lambiel goes - a really good LP, and it's so early in the season.

What's with the Lutz? He went for a Flip in SP, popped it here. He had a clean one half a year ago in exhibitions... Strange.

life684

Final Flight
Happy to see Lambiel land quad combination, well this means we will have great competition in Vancouver with two of torino medalists trying to defend their olympic medals.

Race for second russian olympic spot got even more exciting with Tretiakov doing so well. He can rotate a 4S and 3A :clap:, but he was almost 18 pts behind Lambiel on PCS, that he will have to work for couple of years to bridge.

Ponsero did better than sp, but i doubt whether french federation will give him another chance.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Oh, come on! Chan didn't land one 3A in his World Team Trophy freeskate, fell - and scored 151 points.

So... what's your point?? If Chan gets gifted then Lambiel must be too :rolleye:: Well that would be fair and equal overscoring for sure :laugh:

I'm happy for Tretiakov too. The 2nd russian men spot is indeed up for grabs..

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
So now Lambiel is over scored in PCS? Yeah how fickle we are!
May be a very little or others where that bad (i will only make my final decision after watching LP). But Lambiel got +3 GOE from all the judges on his combination spin during SP, I have to watch that spin couple of time because according to judges that is perfection itself , has that ever happened before?

Medusa

Record Breaker
So... what's your point?? If Chan gets gifted then Lambiel must be too :rolleye:: Well that would be fair and equal overscoring for sure :laugh:
That's kind of exactly my point.

North America has its overscored skater, Europe wants one too! And Lambiel deserves it more than e.g. Plushenko or Joubert in my opinion, because of his artistry, creativity etc.

Lambiel hasn't robbed anyone here. Let's say this was a big competition, that included e.g. Kozuka and Kozuka had a clean skate with 8 Triples, 2 of those 3As - and would lose against a Lambiel with 5 Triples, no 3A and a Quad - then I would be miffed. I think I made that clear, very often and loudly on these boards. Even if the concerned skater was Lambiel.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
This was quick!

North Korea's first figure skater i OG then. And I am happy for Finland!

Jong in HAN represented North Korea last olympics in Torino. He finished last though. Since North Korea never sends skaters to international competitions other than the olympics or Asian Winter Games , no matter how much technical content they may have , they will get buried with low PCs.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well you have to think also is that a competition like the Nebelhorn Trophy, scores tend to be somewhat inflated. No way would he have gotten those scores at an Olympic Games

life684

Final Flight
May be a very little or others where that bad (i will only make my final decision after watching LP). But Lambiel got +3 GOE from all the judges on his combination spin during SP, I have to watch that spin couple of time because according to judges that is perfection itself , has that ever happened before?

I can understand why judges gave him +3 goe for the final spin, he will rack up more + goe points with non jump elements to compensate for his lack of Triple axel. I hope he will clean up his program by the time of Olympics.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
That's kind of exactly my point.

North America has its overscored skater, Europe wants one too! And Lambiel deserves it more than e.g. Plushenko or Joubert in my opinion, because of his artistry, creativity etc.

LMAO:rofl: That's reputation scoring at its best:agree: I won't get into the geographic rivalries though, that's just too boring.;)

I agree with SailorGalaxia with the reason for the overscoring. This was a B level competition and Lambiel is waay above the rest on reputation+basics+artistry+ execution (His spins really deserve +3 most of the times) so as a result we have over the top PCs despite the so so jump content.

ae9177

On the Ice
The scores are really inflated here in all disciplines! Alissa comes really strongly so far this season, hopefully she'll hold up till the end.

Congratulations to all the skaters who get the last spots to go to Vancouver. Tretiakov is the biggest surprise for tonight, good for Russa. :clap:

Lambiel is in very good shape at this early of the season, he'll put some serious pressure on Plushy and Chan, especially PCS wise, BUTT if he gets THAT score at the Olympics with THAT performance, I'll be REALLY REALLY dissapointed.