Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

gocaroline

On the Ice
Thanks Ferina! It indeed is a pretty decent LP. Sometimes I hope the UR punishment is too harsh, you get UR, and negative GOE, double punishment:confused:

fairly4

Medalist
i agree that alissa didn't skate with fire-it almost looks to me like she was dragging and willing herself to skate.
most of the time (to me ) that is how alissa skates--her spins are good fast and she does more than the requirement--to me how good a person spins (is also how long they can hold that position and be center /like alissa--because of the cop the do what 1 1/2 or 2 revolutions and than change to the next postion till they get level 3-4 without going over the revolutions and so you can see how the spin is centered with that position etc. alissa does a great job on her spins-but her nemesis has been her jumps. early in season -unless she can speed up her program/get height in her jumps -i don't see her or most of the us girls doing much.

Wicked

Final Flight
Re Alissa- She really needed passion in the SP. The step sequence felt like it just dragged. Hopefully as the season progresses, she'll put more passion into it. I think this program has potential. I can't get into her LP. Dr. Zhivago doesn't do it for me.

Re Davis/White- hearted, hearted, hearted that LP. The lifts were amazing and I loved the speed and flow. My only criticism is that Charlie's costume is utterly unmemorable.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Re Davis/White- hearted, hearted, hearted that LP. The lifts were amazing and I loved the speed and flow. My only criticism is that Charlie's costume is utterly unmemorable.

Isn't an unmemorable costume half the point? This is skating, not a fashion show unlike some russian and french skaters would have us believe.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Isn't an unmemorable costume half the point? This is skating, not a fashion show unlike some russian and french skaters would have us believe.
Then why is she wearing a sexy red dress and not a black skirt with a simple beige T-shirt? Her outfit looks very much like fashion, like theatre.

This is pure sexism, stupidity and narrow-mindedness. North-American men are all manly and don't wear sparkles - but the little girls still wear pretty / sexy / elaborate dresses with sparkles etc.

They want to make a statement - fine, do it like Virtue / Moir who both wore the simplest costumes to their freedance last year.

shan

Rinkside
This is pure sexism, stupidity and narrow-mindedness. North-American men are all manly and don't wear sparkles - but the little girls still wear pretty / sexy / elaborate dresses with sparkles etc.

Oh I don't know I think they balance each other. Charlie has had sparklies before, his Eleanor Rigby outfit was sparkly, but not crazy sparkly....
:thumbsup:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Thanks Ferina! It indeed is a pretty decent LP. Sometimes I hope the UR punishment is too harsh, you get UR, and negative GOE, double punishment:confused:

I read somewhere that it is no longer double. There is no longer a manditory negative GOE.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He should consider this look (the hair) for Phantom. It makes him looks scarier.

I agree that this hairstyle works much better for Phantom, except I don't think it makes Charlie look scary at all. IMO it makes him look sexy, passionate, and intense . . . maybe even a little ferocious. Just the way I like my men. :love::laugh::bow:

gkelly

Record Breaker
I read somewhere that it is no longer double. There is no longer a manditory negative GOE.

Right; it's no longer mandatory for the GOE on downgraded jumps to be negative, and the judges are no longer told that the tech panel downgraded them.

However, if the judges can see the underrotation for themselves and the other aspects of the element are no more than adequate, then the GOE will still be negative.

(In some cases other aspects of the jump will be less than adequate, in which case we would expect negative GOE even without a downgrade. With underrotation as well, there's more than one error, therefore more than one penalty.)

Wicked

Final Flight

I like a costume that suits the character of the program, without being distracting.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Then why is she wearing a sexy red dress and not a black skirt with a simple beige T-shirt? Her outfit looks very much like fashion, like theatre.

They want to make a statement - fine, do it like Virtue / Moir who both wore the simplest costumes to their freedance last year.

If Charlie White is playing Raoul from Phantom of the Opera, then a ridiculously bland costume is in character.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Aliona and Robin's SP make up !!!!

:eek:

OMG. I can't believe they did that for competition. I knew they skated like that for the summer shows...but I wonder if they will risk this in Vancover. Very interesting.

If Charlie White is playing Raoul from Phantom of the Opera, then a ridiculously bland costume is in character.
I get the feeling he is playing the Phantom.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Did anyone else hear the lyrics in Aliona and Robin's LP music? I could hear the choir singing 'You'll never walk alone' quite clearly, but I checked their scores and there wasn't any deductions.

With underrotation as well, there's more than one error, therefore more than one penalty.)

To me, the downgrade all by itself is such a HUGE deduction that the other little tenths of a point are kind of irrelevant one way or another. A downgrade is not really a penalty for messing up the element. Rather, a downgrade says, you didn't do the element (a triple jump) at all.

I suppose the hope is that skaters will be forced to rotate their jumps fully or go home. Maybe some skaters will start planning a few double jumps in their programs, knowing that seven fully rotated triples is beyond their skill.

I suppose one could say, vive la differénce.

But, yeah, the Marlboro Man don't wear no sissy city-slicker duds (nice leatherwork on his chaps, though).

http://api.ning.com/files/Y1mnqyKgQ...O6L2vQOau*PfOfCoWXyoZsQ*zUsV/marlboro_man.jpg

Last edited:

victoria90

On the Ice

He is playing the Phantom.
"It's a generalization of the story itself," White said. "We didn't have to go with the whole structure of the movie. There's the mystery when they meet, then the phantom gets Christine to love him, then he reveals his face at the end."

I agree his costume is quite simple, you don't expect that in a Phantom of the Opera FD. Someone over FSU posted this pic, it looks very similar to what Charlie's wearing.

Wicked

Final Flight
Did anyone else hear the lyrics in Aliona and Robin's LP music? I could hear the choir singing 'You'll never walk alone' quite clearly, but I checked their scores and there wasn't any deductions.

I wondered this too. I wasn't sure if I was hearing actual words or not.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Heh. I was asking myself the same thing, at some point I was thinking that I simply might be imagining the words, because we all know the song so well.

But I don't care if there are lyrics or not I WANT NEW MUSIC ALTOGETHER!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I was almost positive I heard it too, but I told my self I only thought I did becuase I know the lyrics. Maybe they think that it is worth the point deduction to get that artistic effect. They would be just to type to do that and still win :rofl:

Did they not get decduced at this event? Maybe the judges are being lenient or else we are only imagining things.