Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh, come on! Chan didn't land one 3A in his World Team Trophy freeskate, fell - and scored 151 points.
    So... what's your point?? If Chan gets gifted then Lambiel must be too : Well that would be fair and equal overscoring for sure

I'm happy for Tretiakov too. The 2nd russian men spot is indeed up for grabs..
    Last edited by SamuraiKike; 09-25-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Banned
    So now Lambiel is over scored in PCS? Yeah how fickle we are!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    So now Lambiel is over scored in PCS? Yeah how fickle we are!
    May be a very little or others where that bad (i will only make my final decision after watching LP). But Lambiel got +3 GOE from all the judges on his combination spin during SP, I have to watch that spin couple of time because according to judges that is perfection itself , has that ever happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    So... what's your point?? If Chan gets gifted then Lambiel must be too : Well that would be fair and equal overscoring for sure
    That's kind of exactly my point.

North America has its overscored skater, Europe wants one too! And Lambiel deserves it more than e.g. Plushenko or Joubert in my opinion, because of his artistry, creativity etc.

Lambiel hasn't robbed anyone here. Let's say this was a big competition, that included e.g. Kozuka and Kozuka had a clean skate with 8 Triples, 2 of those 3As - and would lose against a Lambiel with 5 Triples, no 3A and a Quad - then I would be miffed. I think I made that clear, very often and loudly on these boards. Even if the concerned skater was Lambiel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    This was quick!

North Korea's first figure skater i OG then. And I am happy for Finland!
    Jong in HAN represented North Korea last olympics in Torino. He finished last though. Since North Korea never sends skaters to international competitions other than the olympics or Asian Winter Games , no matter how much technical content they may have , they will get buried with low PCs.

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Well you have to think also is that a competition like the Nebelhorn Trophy, scores tend to be somewhat inflated. No way would he have gotten those scores at an Olympic Games

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    May be a very little or others where that bad (i will only make my final decision after watching LP). But Lambiel got +3 GOE from all the judges on his combination spin during SP, I have to watch that spin couple of time because according to judges that is perfection itself , has that ever happened before?
    I can understand why judges gave him +3 goe for the final spin, he will rack up more + goe points with non jump elements to compensate for his lack of Triple axel. I hope he will clean up his program by the time of Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    That's kind of exactly my point.

North America has its overscored skater, Europe wants one too! And Lambiel deserves it more than e.g. Plushenko or Joubert in my opinion, because of his artistry, creativity etc.

LMAO That's reputation scoring at its best I won't get into the geographic rivalries though, that's just too boring.

I agree with SailorGalaxia with the reason for the overscoring. This was a B level competition and Lambiel is waay above the rest on reputation+basics+artistry+ execution (His spins really deserve +3 most of the times) so as a result we have over the top PCs despite the so so jump content.

Yay to Stéphane!!! The Olympics are going to be great fun!

Custom Title
    The scores are really inflated here in all disciplines! Alissa comes really strongly so far this season, hopefully she'll hold up till the end.

Congratulations to all the skaters who get the last spots to go to Vancouver. Tretiakov is the biggest surprise for tonight, good for Russa.

Lambiel is in very good shape at this early of the season, he'll put some serious pressure on Plushy and Chan, especially PCS wise, BUTT if he gets THAT score at the Olympics with THAT performance, I'll be REALLY REALLY dissapointed.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Ryan was actuallly solid on most of his jumps but completely low levels on his spins and footwork; I hope he builds those up. With Lambiel , Plushenko, and Takahashi back the mens field is super deep. I curious if any body knows anything about the north korean skater; videos
    Last edited by enlight78; 09-25-2009 at 01:42 PM.

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Once again it is going to be another deep field for the men at the Olympic Games. I count at least 7 men that are contenders for Olympic Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Alissa comes really strongly so far this season, hopefully she'll hold up till the end.
    I hope so! I want her to go the Olympics so much! If she can skate two clean programs, she'll definately be in the top 10 (if she makes it, of course).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    I curious if any body knows anything about the north korean skater; videos
    Apparently his only international last season was the Asian Trophy where he won with a score of 176.55 , jut a bit higher thatn what he got here in Nebelhorn.

The men's field is crazy ... I want all of them to medal! : Plushenko, Lambiel, Joubert, Takahashi, Kozuka, Lysacek, Chan.. We must start a petition for the installment of the pewter medal at Olympics..

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    i would say lets start petition so it will be like ancient olympic games when ALL the olympians got a wreath from oil leaves and just that
    on the other hand they used to participate only men, that were speaking greek, competing naked and with oil all over their body- which is not a good idea at all.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast