43,4 + 41,14 = 84,54 (2)
169,59 (2)

16 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU
West Side Story
44 + 38,7 = 82,7 (3)
162,02 (3)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Don't know, but Alyona from russian forum says that they had the best speed and did everything clean, really fast spin and twizzles... Anyway, I'm almost sure that we can watch it soon on youtube ))
They always have good speed. But the version of that program that surfaced recently was so blah and boring, and glancing at the protocols, I have to wonder about their PCS. Some judges gave them 9s! I'm sorry, but that is ludicrous. but then, the scoring has been a bit generous for some of the skaters, it's not just them.

I like Alissa Czisny' dress. Not perfect up close, but the colors are beautiful.

ETA: wow, what has Elena Glebova done to her hair? It's awful. And the costume isn't helping, either. Yuck. :eek:

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Not a good competition at all for the Hermann siblings. They were beat by four teams that were behind them at last Euros.. They need to work a lot if they wanna be sent to the OG. The GER olympic comitee is probably the pickiest of all ...

A bit suprised by Hoffmann/Zavozin low place too. YAY for Mallory/Rand. I love them. Does anyone know if she already has citizenship? What about the younger Reed?

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Most of the first place finishers got generous scoring. It wasn't just Davis/White. Look at Stephane's scores and Alissa's! I mean, 17th in TES, yet 1st in PCS?? That seems more ludicrous to me than Davis/White's scores.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Nebelhorn 2009 LP Savchenko Sholkovy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72aK4yO75k

I am so in love with this program. I think the emotion was lacking from them here, but it will surely be there at the olympics. The music has that building, championesque quality that they did not have before. I loved Shindler's list and would have have minded seeing them use it again this year but the content in this program. It is almost like watching ice dance.

Loved Stephane's programs but he has a lot of work to do jump wise.

Davis and White. OMG. That freedance is a masterpiece. Those lifts? Is there such a thing as level 5 if needed?

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
I am so in love with this program. I think the emotion was lacking from them here, but it will surely be there at the olympics. The music has that building, championesque quality that they did not have before. I loved Shindler's list and would have have minded seeing them use it again this year but the content in this program. It is almost like watching ice dance.

I totally agree with you. I start loving this with the first seconds I saw. It's so beautiful. Although I don't like Aljonas dress. But the music is a fantastic choice of Ingo. When they'll skate it clean at the Olympics, there is no chance for Shen/Zhao to take the gold medal..

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I totally agree with you. I start loving this with the first seconds I saw. It's so beautiful. Although I don't like Aljonas dress. But the music is a fantastic choice of Ingo. When they'll skate it clean at the Olympics, there is no chance for Shen/Zhao to take the gold medal..

Don't underestimate Shen/Zhao. I mean they didn't win 3 world titles for nothing

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
OMG! What did Elena do to her hair?! It's not bad, but I like it more how it was before.

I love the dress! I think it's gorgeous!

herios

Medalist
So the six remaining spots go to :

1) SUI - Lambiel 232.36 1st
2) AUT - Pfeifer 194.66 5th
3) GER- Lindemann 178.88 8th
4) PRK - Ri 172.14 11st
5) ROU - Kelemen 164.72 13rd
6) FIN - Nurmenkari 164.67 14th

Very surprised by Zoltan Kelemen he must have skated the LP of his life!!! Good for him. A little bummed BLR Kazakov didn't make it just by one place .... And North Korea surprises again and sends a skater.. I really wish the PRK skaters were sent to more international competitions.

Wow, Kelemen made it in ? You know, as a hungarian born in Romania, like Zoltan is, I am very proud of his accomplishment. I saw him only in SP at Worlds, as he usually doesn't even make it to the LP.

Romania has not have a male skater at the Olympics I think since Lillehammer, if I am not mistaken.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I love the dress! I think it's gorgeous!
It's all wrong with her coloring; also, as Tim Gunn would say, it's a lot of look (for an ice skater). I think it overwhelms her.

Julia Sebestyen looked nice. In fact I think I'll add her to my favorites list this season, because I think it's super cool that she qualified for her 4th Olympics. Go Julia! :rock:

Speaking of qualifying, apparently the Georgian Federation has already announced they will only send one lady to Vancouver (Elene, of course). This means that the first alternate has also qualified for the Olympics - Tamar Katz for Israel. Now she needs to meet her national criteria, which I hope will be a bit more reasonable than what has been reported.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Romania has not have a male skater at the Olympics I think since Lillehammer, if I am not mistaken.

You are mistaken!:p Cornel Gheorghe was 21st in Nagano and Gheorghe Chiper was 23rd in Salt Lake and a very respectable 14th in Torino:agree:

herios

Medalist
You are mistaken!:p Cornel Gheorghe was 21st in Nagano and Gheorghe Chiper was 23rd in Salt Lake and a very respectable 14th in Torino:agree:

Thank you. I should've checked that before:)

I thought Gheorghe retired after Lillehammer and completely forgot about Chiper.

mystichaze

On the Ice
Thanks for the link to the Ladies LP pictures. I must say that a lot of those costumes were um, interesting to say the least. I really am looking forward to the start of the Grand Prix!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Geez, I know the guys from North America are manly and all - but it's Phantom of the Opera, for heaven's sake! Would it hurt to wear a costume? Or is he supposed to portray unnamed servant No.4 who appears in act 2 for 5 seconds?

Was Alissa's LP overscored?

She did two acceptable jumps and got base value for them, plus or minus a little GOE.

She flubbed her other five jumping passes and got scores ranging from 0.00 to 2.74 for her efforts.

She did some pretty good spins and a pretty good spiral and received the pounts that skaters get for pretty good spins and pretty good spirals.

She did fine (high 6's) in interpretation, choreography and performance (setting aside the jumps, which are scored separately under the CoP rules.)

Put it all together and she ended up with an LP score that is about 40 points less than Yu-na Kim can put on the board on a good day.

Same with Lambiel. He got points for what he did well, he didn't get any points for what he didn't do (a triple Axel, for instance) -- add it all up, there you go. :yes:

Last edited:

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Was Alissa's LP overscored?

She did two acceptable jumps and got base value for them, plus or minus a little GOE.

She flubbed her other five jumping passes and got scores ranging from 0.00 to 2.74 for her efforts.

She did some pretty good spins and a pretty good spiral and received the pounts that skaters get for pretty good spins and pretty good spirals.

She did fine (high 6's) in interpretation, choreography and performance (setting aside the jumps, which are scored separately under the CoP rules.)

Put it all together and she ended up with an LP score that is about 40 points less than Yu-na Kim can put on the board on a good day.

Same with Lambiel. He got points for what he did well, he didn't get any points for what he didn't do (a triple Axel, for instance) -- add it all up, there you go. :yes:
OK, then did D/W get any points for what they didn't do?