43,4 + 41,14 = 84,54 (2)
    169,59 (2)

16 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU
    West Side Story
    44 + 38,7 = 82,7 (3)
    162,02 (3)

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Don't know, but Alyona from russian forum says that they had the best speed and did everything clean, really fast spin and twizzles... Anyway, I'm almost sure that we can watch it soon on youtube ))
    They always have good speed. But the version of that program that surfaced recently was so blah and boring, and glancing at the protocols, I have to wonder about their PCS. Some judges gave them 9s! I'm sorry, but that is ludicrous. but then, the scoring has been a bit generous for some of the skaters, it's not just them.

I like Alissa Czisny' dress. Not perfect up close, but the colors are beautiful.

ETA: wow, what has Elena Glebova done to her hair? It's awful. And the costume isn't helping, either. Yuck.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 09-26-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Custom Title
    Not a good competition at all for the Hermann siblings. They were beat by four teams that were behind them at last Euros.. They need to work a lot if they wanna be sent to the OG. The GER olympic comitee is probably the pickiest of all ...

A bit suprised by Hoffmann/Zavozin low place too. YAY for Mallory/Rand. I love them. Does anyone know if she already has citizenship? What about the younger Reed?

Custom Title
    Most of the first place finishers got generous scoring. It wasn't just Davis/White. Look at Stephane's scores and Alissa's! I mean, 17th in TES, yet 1st in PCS?? That seems more ludicrous to me than Davis/White's scores.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Nebelhorn 2009 LP Savchenko Sholkovy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72aK4yO75k
    I am so in love with this program. I think the emotion was lacking from them here, but it will surely be there at the olympics. The music has that building, championesque quality that they did not have before. I loved Shindler's list and would have have minded seeing them use it again this year but the content in this program. It is almost like watching ice dance.

Loved Stephane's programs but he has a lot of work to do jump wise.

Davis and White. OMG. That freedance is a masterpiece. Those lifts? Is there such a thing as level 5 if needed?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am so in love with this program. I think the emotion was lacking from them here, but it will surely be there at the olympics. The music has that building, championesque quality that they did not have before. I loved Shindler's list and would have have minded seeing them use it again this year but the content in this program. It is almost like watching ice dance.
    I totally agree with you. I start loving this with the first seconds I saw. It's so beautiful. Although I don't like Aljonas dress. But the music is a fantastic choice of Ingo. When they'll skate it clean at the Olympics, there is no chance for Shen/Zhao to take the gold medal..

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JewelInTheSun View Post
    I totally agree with you. I start loving this with the first seconds I saw. It's so beautiful. Although I don't like Aljonas dress. But the music is a fantastic choice of Ingo. When they'll skate it clean at the Olympics, there is no chance for Shen/Zhao to take the gold medal..
    Don't underestimate Shen/Zhao. I mean they didn't win 3 world titles for nothing

OMG! What did Elena do to her hair?! It's not bad, but I like it more how it was before.

I love the dress! I think it's gorgeous!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    So the six remaining spots go to :

1) SUI - Lambiel 232.36 1st
    2) AUT - Pfeifer 194.66 5th
    3) GER- Lindemann 178.88 8th
    4) PRK - Ri 172.14 11st
    5) ROU - Kelemen 164.72 13rd
    6) FIN - Nurmenkari 164.67 14th

Very surprised by Zoltan Kelemen he must have skated the LP of his life!!! Good for him. A little bummed BLR Kazakov didn't make it just by one place .... And North Korea surprises again and sends a skater.. I really wish the PRK skaters were sent to more international competitions.

Wow, Kelemen made it in ? You know, as a hungarian born in Romania, like Zoltan is, I am very proud of his accomplishment. I saw him only in SP at Worlds, as he usually doesn't even make it to the LP.

Romania has not have a male skater at the Olympics I think since Lillehammer, if I am not mistaken.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    OMG! What did Elena do to her hair?! It's not bad, but I like it more how it was before.

Is that the same girl? She looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    It's all wrong with her coloring; also, as Tim Gunn would say, it's a lot of look (for an ice skater). I think it overwhelms her.

Julia Sebestyen looked nice. In fact I think I'll add her to my favorites list this season, because I think it's super cool that she qualified for her 4th Olympics. Go Julia!

Speaking of qualifying, apparently the Georgian Federation has already announced they will only send one lady to Vancouver (Elene, of course). This means that the first alternate has also qualified for the Olympics - Tamar Katz for Israel. Now she needs to meet her national criteria, which I hope will be a bit more reasonable than what has been reported.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Romania has not have a male skater at the Olympics I think since Lillehammer, if I am not mistaken.
    You are mistaken! Cornel Gheorghe was 21st in Nagano and Gheorghe Chiper was 23rd in Salt Lake and a very respectable 14th in Torino

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    You are mistaken! Cornel Gheorghe was 21st in Nagano and Gheorghe Chiper was 23rd in Salt Lake and a very respectable 14th in Torino

Thank you. I should've checked that before

I thought Gheorghe retired after Lillehammer and completely forgot about Chiper.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the link to the Ladies LP pictures. I must say that a lot of those costumes were um, interesting to say the least. I really am looking forward to the start of the Grand Prix!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast