Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

Custom Title
    D/W FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCj5bjFFrc

There's no denying D/W received generous scoring, but were they more overscored than Stephane's SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxPmMZkuex8) or Alissa's LP (sorry, no link yet)?

Geez, I know the guys from North America are manly and all - but it's Phantom of the Opera, for heaven's sake! Would it hurt to wear a costume? Or is he supposed to portray unnamed servant No.4 who appears in act 2 for 5 seconds?

Was Alissa's LP overscored?

She did two acceptable jumps and got base value for them, plus or minus a little GOE.

She flubbed her other five jumping passes and got scores ranging from 0.00 to 2.74 for her efforts.

She did some pretty good spins and a pretty good spiral and received the pounts that skaters get for pretty good spins and pretty good spirals.

She did fine (high 6's) in interpretation, choreography and performance (setting aside the jumps, which are scored separately under the CoP rules.)

Put it all together and she ended up with an LP score that is about 40 points less than Yu-na Kim can put on the board on a good day.

Same with Lambiel. He got points for what he did well, he didn't get any points for what he didn't do (a triple Axel, for instance) -- add it all up, there you go.
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-26-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    D/W FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCj5bjFFrc

There's no denying D/W received generous scoring, but were they more overscored than Stephane's SP or Alissa's LP?
    Yes they were! They didn't land even 1 triple jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Was Alissa's LP overscored?

She did two acceptable jumps and got base value for them, plus or minus a little GOE.

She flubbed her other five jumping passes and got scores ranging from 0.00 to 2.74 for her efforts.

She did some pretty good spins and a pretty good spiral and received the pounts that skaters get for pretty good spins and pretty good spirals.

She did fine (high 6's) in interpretation, choreography and performance (setting aside the jumps, which are scored separately under the CoP rules.)

Put it all together and she ended up with an LP score that is about 40 points less than Yu-na Kim can put on the board on a good day.

Same with Lambiel. He got points for what he did well, he didn't get any points for what he didn't do (a triple Axel, for instance) -- add it all up, there you go.
    OK, then did D/W get any points for what they didn't do?

Custom Title
    What does : Li+TRANS means in almost every dance pair protocols?!

Custom Title
    Urgh...

Looks like Australia won't be sending figure skaters to the Olympics for the first time since 1972.

Sucks to be down under at the moment!

Custom Title
    OK, then did D/W get any points for what they didn't do?
    scrambling an awful lot and still getting high PCS?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    What does : Li+TRANS means in almost every dance pair protocols?!
    I believe that the rules allow for an additional lift that isn't scored as a Technical element but is considered part of the choreography, and that's how it's labelled. I think.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    scrambling an awful lot and still getting high PCS?
    It doesn't sound more ludicrous to me than a skater who finishes 17th in TES and still gets the highest PCS!
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-27-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Nebelhorn 2009 LP Savchenko Sholkovy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72aK4yO75k
    Pretty much exactly the same routine they have performed for past two years. However I can not believe they chose that disastrous music for Olympic season. I smell EPIC FAIL.

Custom Title
    It doesn't sound more ludicrous to me than a skater who finishes 17th in TES and still gets the highest PCS!
    hehehe yes...we can certianly agree on that

Rinkside

Videos

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Here is Alissa's Sp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccZxAfp00zc

She skated clean, but I just don't get the fire from here that I feel Zorro need. She looks beautiful, but I wish she would have brought a little more character like she did in her Don Quixote exhibition. Also her entrances to the luzt and the axel looked really out of control...like she was heading in on direction and then jumped in the other direction.

Well, that's the CoP. You can be awful in TES and good in PCS -- or vice versa.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast