Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Yes they were! They didn't land even 1 triple jump.
    Um .... is there jumping in ice dance?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Czisny won with two triple jumps , is that an ISU record?.
    Can we imagine what will happen if she land all her jumps in one program? With a 17th place in TES she still got 1st in PCS, this really get me thinking that all skaters should focus more on spins, spirals, speed, and even take drama lesson, and get a pretty "look", that will land them in some decent placements

On the Ice
    Has anyone seen alissa's LP anywhere on youtube? I could not find it anywhere :'(

Could someone tell me where to find it somewhere other than on youtube? Thank you so much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by calbskate View Post
    Has anyone seen alissa's LP anywhere on youtube? I could not find it anywhere :'(
    Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDdizCeK4w

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Thank you, feraina! freshly posted on youtube!
    I thought it was a decent program...other than underrotation calls, it was pretty well skated...I dunno if i like this outfit better than last year's tho...but she's gorgeous either way

Rinkside
    Joey Russell SP on youtube?

Rinkside
    Dance

ODs

Chitwood/Hanretty GBR - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMz83QNycU
    Hermann/Hermann GER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9m_lumNMXM

Just check out the uploader's channel - they have uploaded a few of the ODs from different skaters.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, that's the CoP. You can be awful in TES and good in PCS -- or vice versa.
    There's a third possibility: you can be good in both.

Thanks for posting the video, Feraina. That was actually a pretty good program overall. Just by looking at the protocols I thought it must have been a disaster. Alissa is a classy skater -- I can see why she gets such high program component scores even as she loses points for technical errors on jumps.

Custom Title
    Thanks Ferina! It indeed is a pretty decent LP. Sometimes I hope the UR punishment is too harsh, you get UR, and negative GOE, double punishment

Custom Title
    i agree that alissa didn't skate with fire-it almost looks to me like she was dragging and willing herself to skate.
    most of the time (to me ) that is how alissa skates--her spins are good fast and she does more than the requirement--to me how good a person spins (is also how long they can hold that position and be center /like alissa--because of the cop the do what 1 1/2 or 2 revolutions and than change to the next postion till they get level 3-4 without going over the revolutions and so you can see how the spin is centered with that position etc. alissa does a great job on her spins-but her nemesis has been her jumps. early in season -unless she can speed up her program/get height in her jumps -i don't see her or most of the us girls doing much.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Re Alissa- She really needed passion in the SP. The step sequence felt like it just dragged. Hopefully as the season progresses, she'll put more passion into it. I think this program has potential. I can't get into her LP. Dr. Zhivago doesn't do it for me.

Re Davis/White- hearted, hearted, hearted that LP. The lifts were amazing and I loved the speed and flow. My only criticism is that Charlie's costume is utterly unmemorable.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post

Re Davis/White- hearted, hearted, hearted that LP. The lifts were amazing and I loved the speed and flow. My only criticism is that Charlie's costume is utterly unmemorable.
    Isn't an unmemorable costume half the point? This is skating, not a fashion show unlike some russian and french skaters would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Isn't an unmemorable costume half the point? This is skating, not a fashion show unlike some russian and french skaters would have us believe.
    Then why is she wearing a sexy red dress and not a black skirt with a simple beige T-shirt? Her outfit looks very much like fashion, like theatre.

This is pure sexism, stupidity and narrow-mindedness. North-American men are all manly and don't wear sparkles - but the little girls still wear pretty / sexy / elaborate dresses with sparkles etc.

They want to make a statement - fine, do it like Virtue / Moir who both wore the simplest costumes to their freedance last year.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast