Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

Medusa

Record Breaker
I know that a French TV station have bought the rights to show the Nebelhorn Trophy. I think TF1 of Eurosport! I hope.

Uahhh! How great is that. Even if it is TF1 (mostly skating gets broadcasted on TF3 or TF4 though)... But I sincerely hope that it's Eurosport.

russell30

Final Flight
Great line up. Apart from Stephane Lambiel and Julia Sebestyen the rest of the remaining spots seem to be wide open, they really need a good SP to get points advantage.

Does anyone know if British Eurosport is showing Nebelhorn (maybe not:disapp:)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Great line up. Apart from Stephane Lambiel and Julia Sebestyen the rest of the remaining spots seem to be wide open, they really need a good SP to get points advantage.

Does anyone know if British Eurosport is showing Nebelhorn (maybe not:disapp:)
I seriously doubt UK Eurosport will show any of it. We'll be lucky to have GPs again.

I think that other than Stephane and Julia, there are others who are pretty likely to make it: Fedor Andreev if his paperwork is sorted out and Stefan Lindemann if he's healthy; in the ladies, Candice Didier, Cantu, Katz, and whichever Helgesson ends up going all seem likely to qualify (though Katz and Helgesson would also need to finish top-10 at Euros, most likely); and Della Monica/Kocon and probably Morand/Dorsaz in the pairs. In dance, so long as they have no injury issues, Hoffman/Zavozin seem like a done deal.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ryan Bradley has replaced Brandon Mroz (presumably as a result of the DuPage results) :love:

RUKen

Rinkside
17 August 2009: Ryan Bradley has replaced Brandon Mroz (presumably as a result of the DuPage results)

Brandon Mroz is still listed as the entry on the US Figure Skating website (international assignments page) and on the Nebelhorn website (men's entries).

life684

Final Flight
Men: i hope to see how Lambiel does on his return to international competition and would like to see how he is scored. personally would like to see Ryan bradley skate here than Mroz,; hopefully we won't be discussing why Fedor Andreev was not allowed to skate and who is to blame for it.

Ladies: Suguri ( as much as I like her, I wish Nakano, Ando and Asada will represent Japan at the Olympics) and Sebestyen makes it look like a competition from 10 years ago. i wonder why people call Sebestyen granny, when Suguri is older than her. Would like to see Korpii skate, sorry not a fan of Czisny (too much hype and not substance to support that)

Pairs: S/S (GER), V/M(UKR), M/R (RUS) in field, i know M/R have to perform at their best for getting the bronze, but they have a unique style and would really love them to perform a clean skate (if that happens would not care if they medal or not)

Ice Dance: this competition will give us some indication of how judges are going to treat D/W, whether just as US no.2 or as world championships 4th placer. If former happens P/B (especially considering they are de-facto french No. 1)has a good chance to score better than the americans. would like to see how Riaznova and Tkachenko get along, if they do well they could be the next pairing to be targeted by Linichuck and Kasp... (can't bother to write that long name)team . Good luck to Hoffmann and Zavozin and hope they will qualify for olympics.

Last edited:

RUKen

Rinkside
i wonder why people call Sebestyen granny, when Suguri is older than her.

Julia Sebestyen used to keep her hair short in a style more commonly seen on older women in central Europe, so she became known on skating message boards as "Granny Hair" or just "Granny". She had much longer hair this past season, so the nickname no longer fit.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Suguri pulled out of this competition due to insufficient preparation, according to her words on web news.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/090916/spm0909160850000-n1.htm

She says the coach change is the cause of this.

Since the JSF didn't submit substitute entries beside her, no alternate appearing. Akiko or Mai or Aki could have gone there, d***...
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00006779.htm

That's so sad! I really wanted her to win! Now I want Alissa to win!

:p

Wasn't Nana the substitute?

sorcerer

Final Flight
Wasn't Nana the substitute?

I'm sorry I should have written "substitute entries beside her and Nana".

According to the link in Buttercup's first post here, which is the same as what I recall now, Fumie and Nana were both entrants with no "S" (substitute).

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Lots of Updated Entries :eek::

Men :

* Brandon Mroz is out. Ryan Bradley is in.:agree:
* Peter Reitmayer is replacing Igor Macypura :eek::eek: Are they for real?? Or
is Igor out with injury?? :frown: There's no way Reitmayer is gonna get one of
the remaining spots and Macypura would miss the games again..:frown:

Ladies :

* Constance Paulinus from Germany is out.
* Irina Movchan from UKR is out. She's being replaced by Eleonora Vinnichenko.

Pairs :

* DellaMonica & Kocon are out. They are being replaced by
Zanforlini/DegliEsposti. If you aske me, this is basically giving away the olympic
spot to the TPE sibling team.

Dance :

* The Beiers are gone:frown: Have they split up AGAIN??:scowl:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00006781.htm

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Apparently Pechalat/Bourzat are also out. Maybe they felt their time would eb better spent working on their programs.

Ivana

On the Ice
* Peter Reitmayer is replacing Igor Macypura :eek::eek: Are they for real?? Or
is Igor out with injury?? :frown: There's no way Reitmayer is gonna get one of
the remaining spots and Macypura would miss the games again..:frown:
There was an internal qualification two or three weeks ago for the Nebelhorn spot and Reitmayer beat Macypura. Both made some mistakes in SP and Macypura was leading by less then a point, but made again mistakes in LP while Reitmayer skated LP of his life, so Reitmayer is going. I just hope that he'll do better then in Poland.