Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

SamuraiKike

Medalist
That really really sucks for the australian team. Now there's basically no emotion in the Ice Dance Competition. Davis/White are the frontrunners by miles and almost every non qualified team will gain a spot.

I really really hate this parade of withdrawals/injuries issues we have every season.. :cry:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
From Sarah and Drew's Twitter(from 11 minutes ago):

RT @lambielnews Morning practice was better: all the jumps were fine and two quads were there. (Stephane is about to get on ice for warmup)

The declaration in parentheses is theirs. Not sure where they're getting their information from, or if they just think the fifth warm-up group should be starting now.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Stephan :clap:
2axel
fall on quad
3flip
77.45 score

from fsu :
photo
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3805/always--late.64/0_235ef_a6bae9b2_L

what he is wearing?

results

Lambiel SWI 77.45
Brezina 73.6X
Russell CAN 67.8
Pfeifer AUT 65.32
Lindmann GER 63.95
Ri PRK 60.41
Numenkari FIN 57.68
Cieplucha POL 56.35
Ponsero FRA 55.50
Kazakov BLR 55.38
Kelemen ROU 54.49
Reitmayer SVK 54.45
Kim KOR 54.19
Romanenkov EST 51.00
Parr GBR 49.16
Urbas SLO 46.59
Martinec CRO 46.63
Vardanjan HUN 46.49
Shipov ISR 45.89
Eryoldas TUR 45.32
Hernandez MEX 37.64
Pieterson RSA 36.81
Balain ARM 35.68
McNamara AUS 34.96
Ostojic BIH 32.70

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
*cough* What kind of PCS did they give him? 48 points? I guess the ISU really wants him back.

Love the costume!

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG, Yannick Ponsero continues to self-destruct. UGH!, why can't he get it together? :banging::cry:

SO GLAD to see pictures of Stephane competing on the ice again. He's so handsome! Beautiful to see him in 1st right now! Wishing him all the best! :love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
OMG, Yannick Ponsero continues to self-destruct. UGH!, why can't he get it together? :banging::cry:
Oh no, what did he do again?

EDIT: read the report on FSU. He had worse jumps than Stéphane with 4T-fall, 2A and 1Lz. Ouch.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
i m not sure about costume -for competitions it looks too many things are there..
but stephan looks awesome and like a man ,not a boy:love:

Buttercup

Record Breaker

EDIT: read the report on FSU. He had worse jumps than Stéphane with 4T-fall, 2A and 1Lz. Ouch.
I'm afraid Yannick's chances of going to Vancouver just dropped. Again.

I don't like Stephane's costume, but I'm sure he'll have some fun story to explain the concept. I'm really curious as to how he got such a score with that sort of jump content. Does this mean he remains without a 3A?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ponsero can't afford to continue to have skates like this. Not with Joubert, Amodio, and Preaubert right there gunning for only 2 French Olympic spots. It's such a shame . . . he is so talented and capable of brilliance; he just can't seem to get it all under control when the pressure mounts. :no:

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
is there a chance amodio goes then, cause i prefer to see him 100 times more than preubert in OLys.
And I dont know whats wrong with ponsero, one good skate in euros and thats it?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm really curious as to how he got such a score with that sort of jump content. Does this mean he remains without a 3A?

I'm sure his phenomenal spins, footwork, and program components were the reason for his higher score, not his jump content. He likely got positive GOE for the clean 2Axel and 3flip too.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Not with Joubert, Amadio, and Preaubert right there gunning for only 2 French Olympic spots.
Barring unforeseen disaster, there are three French guys fighting for one spot. Joubert's ticket to the Olympics is already guaranteed. My feeling is that it'll be Florent.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
i m not sure about costume -for competitions it looks too many things are there..
but stephan looks awesome and like a man ,not a boy:love:

People who watched him there say that he was amazing even with mistakes and that he is better now than he was... And I believe them 'cause I like Stephan sooo much!:love: And sooo glad that he is back!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I don't like Stephane's costume, but I'm sure he'll have some fun story to explain the concept. I'm really curious as to how he got such a score with that sort of jump content. Does this mean he remains without a 3A?
I am quite sure that he will try it for later in the season. But I guess right now it's just important that he gets half of his jumps right, gets gifted with massive PCS and therefore will get the spot at the Olympics.

Stéphane doesn't have any Grand Prix events, for him the real season starts in the middle of January at Europeans, he doesn't need to skate well at Swiss Nationals in December either... So basically he has 5 months left to get in tip-top shape (probably including 3A attempts).

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes I wanted to ask, why they didnt gave him a spot in grand prix from TBA, he had not applied?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am quite sure that he will try it for later in the season. But I guess right now it's just important that he gets half of his jumps right, gets gifted with massive PCS and therefore will get the spot at the Olympics.

Stéphane doesn't have any Grand Prix events, for him the real season starts in the middle of January at Europeans, he doesn't need to skate well at Swiss Nationals in December either... So basically he has 5 months left to get in tip-top shape (probably including 3A attempts).

Right! I wonder if Stephane intends to spend any more time with Brian Orser to help work on his 3Axel. Hopefully, Orser can work some magic with Lambiel on the 3Axel a la Adam Rippon.