Fun competitions on ice... suggestions? | Golden Skate

Fun competitions on ice... suggestions?

jjane45

On the Ice
Alright the off season drags on... and on.... and on... :p
What are some fun competitions for lower level freestyle skaters? Something slightly challenging but most people could give it a shot?
I've seen most waltz competition, shoot the duck competition, highest hockey spray competition, most axel competition, longest camel competition... alright the last two are not low level FS :)
What are some fun competitions that you enjoy doing with friends on ice? My favorite recently is randomly name a figure skating move (like bunny hop, lunge, spin, small jump), and throw in a shoot-the-duck at the end of it :rofl:

megsk8z

On the Ice
Random pair interp is always fun. Or you can get a team together and let each skater do one element from their level either against the book or against eachother.
I like the pair interp event because if you do random partner assignment it often comes out to be really good and/or funny.
A bunny hop race the length of the ice is good, too.

mskater93

Record Breaker
There's always the spiral, jump, spin competition where the length of your spiral, the distance of your jump are added together with the number of revs in your spin to determine a winner

Tammi

On the Ice
Just for on ice fun, I've seen the kids doing the best "opposite" jump contest and something to do with adding elements. The first skater starts with one element, then the next skater has to that one, plus add their own and so on.

For a club competition, surprise showcase is fun. Skaters listen to the cut of music, then are taken out of the rink to wait their turn. One skater at a time comes in and skates an interpretive program to the music. Lots of fun and teaches the skaters to really listen to the music.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
How far you can go in a single shoot the duck can be fun for beginners, particularly when you have to go round the end of the rink.