ICE ALL STARS 2009 (Seoul, Korea) | Golden Skate

ICE ALL STARS 2009 (Seoul, Korea)

dkyoun

Rinkside
As you already knows, Samsung's ICE All STARS 2009, or Yu-Na's ICE SHOW is coming!

It will take place on Aug, 14 - 16 at Olympic Gymnastics in Seoul.
Ice rink is almost ready and today, Aug, 10, Shae-Lynn Bourne arrived first.

Yu-Na, Adam Rippon, David Wilson and Biran Orser will touchdown about 05:30 tomorrow. (Aug, 11)

Michelle Kwan 18:30.
Arakawa Shizkawa and Ilia Kulik will be the last two on Aug, 12.

Skaters Programs are announce as below.
http://www.iceallstars.co.kr/html/program.html?PHPSESSID=3b58c97a676362aff6303c9744c784fb

ACT Ⅰ
Opening ‥ Fanfare for the common man / Pirates Of The Caribbean OST
01. Adam Rippon ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Jonathan Livingston Seagull
02. Shae-Lynn Bourne‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ La cumparsita
03. Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo ‥‥‥ Lo Ci Sar
04. Stephane Lambiel ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Four Seasons(Vivaldi)
05. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski ‥ Libertango(Vasko Vasiliev)
06. Shizuka Arakawa‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ You raise me up(Celtic Woman)
07. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy ‥ Send In The Clowns(Stephen Sondheim)
08. Ilia Kulik ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Song For the King(Michael W. Smith)
09. Yuna Kim ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Danse Macabre(Camille Saint-Seans)
10. Michelle Kwan‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥Carmina Burana <mix ver.> (Carl Orff)
Closing ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Mondschein (Beethoven)

ACT Ⅱ
Openig ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥Michael Jackson Mix Music.
01. Shae-Lynn Bourne‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ All that Jazz
02. Adam Rippon‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ I'm yours(Jason mraz)
03. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski‥Cry me a river(Justin Timberlake)
04. Ilia Kulik ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Deal with it(Corbin Blue)
05. Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo ‥‥ Ramalama(Bang Bang) (Roisin murphy)
06. Stephane Lambiel ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Ne me quitte pas
07. Michelle Kwan ‥‥‥‥ Winter Song(Sara Bareilles with Ingrid Michaelson)
08. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy‥Fascination(Alphabeat)
09. Shizuka Arakawa ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Candyman(Christina Aguilera)
10. Yuna Kim‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥Don't stop the music(Rihanna)
11. DAVICHI ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ 8282
12. Finale ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ We are the champions(Queen)
Encore‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ I will survive(Gloria Gaynor)

Hope you to enjoy this.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the info! It will be a great show, WOW. I absolutely love this number:

06. Stephane Lambiel ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥ Ne me quitte pas

He is so wonderful in interpreting this music (ALL music), putting the feeling into his skating and drawing the audience into his performance.

MKFSfan

Medalist
What happened to the rumored skate duet of Yu-Na and Michelle to "Moonlight Sonata"???

Snowgirl

On the Ice
The duo is probably a part of closing of Part 1, not a full program. It was like that when Yu-Na skated with Johnny and Stephane.

dkyoun

Rinkside
Here is Yu-Na's arrival interview at the airport (August, 11)

Yu-Na Kim training in Toronto, Canada came back to Korea to take part in Samsung HAUZEN ICE ALL STARS 2009 since she left for Canada about 3 months ago.

With Brian Orser and David Wilson, Yu-Na wearing white T-shirts and short pants showed up in an airport and lots of fans and reporters waited from the midnight to dawn took photographs with a blare of flash-light.
Being little bit tired, Yu-Na answered questions with delight and told how well she practice for the upcoming Olympic till now.

Q: Please, let us know what your new programs are.
A: Short first? Little bit excited(laugh). For the 2009-2010 season, “James Bond theme” of 007 Series for a short program and “Concerto In F” composed by George Gershwin for a Free Skating.

Q: There are lots of 007 series… what exactly the theme music is ?
A: Wilson decided after he listened to the whole theme music. “The Spy Who Loved Me(1977)” ? I am not sure what exactly the name of the series were..

(It was known as a medley relay arranged with “The Name’s Bond, James Bond”', “Dr. NO(1962)”, “From Russia with Love (1963)” , “Thunderball (1965)” and “Die Another Day(2002)”).

Q: Did you feel the music is a perfect fit for the Olympics?
A: When I heard it first, I wondered.. But now I love it as much as I keep it in my MP3 Player hearing from time to time. As for Free skating, I selected somewhat storytelling music for a while. But, this time The music by George Gershwin is just classical.

Q: Compared with programs of last season, do you like them?
A: At every season, I exercised really hard to prepare both short and long program as much as I can. Last season they were so much loved and it’s a bit pressure to me.
Though I am under the apprehension that both programs of this season are less gorgeous than those of last season, I will prepare them well and do my best as I have done before.

Q: How was the training?
A: I took an enough rest in Korea and left for Canada to train. I was in good shape there and trained well.

Q: I heard that you will change the first Combination Jump.
A: Because the flip jump received a cut in marks, I couldn’t get enough points for the next combination jumps. Because it is not difficult for me to do 3 Toe after any triple jump, coaches, staffs and I made a decision together.
I didn’t care about the attention mark on the Flip jump at first, but changed mind.

Q: What do you think about skating with MK and other skaters on the IAS 2009.
A: I performed Ice shows several times in Korea but this time there are so many great skaters and it makes me tensed. I will enjoy it as before and wish all skaters could have good reminders.

Q: What do you feel about the coming new season?
A: Skaters must agitate themselves because it’s Olympic season.
But I will do my best at every competition and will not be agitated over it.

Q: Why do you leave for Canada right after the Show?
A: To continue my practice I minimize staying in Korea and leave for Canada on Aug, 17.

Translated hard, does it make sense?:disapp:

Last edited:

dkyoun

Rinkside
MK arrived.

Welcome to Korea

Delayed about 20 minutes but Michelle Kwan arrived at 18:50 (01:50 Pacific time).

Here in Korea, It rains cats and dogs.
By the weather forecast, it will stop late afternoon tomorrow.

News article in Korean

Kween said:

"I talked over the telephone with David Wilson, choreographer of Yu-Na Kim.
Wilson recommended me to take part in ICE ALL STARS 2009 and I opened to the idea because it would be a good experience for me."

"I traveled lots of countries but this is my first time to visit in Korea and I am filled with emotion that I will be back on the ice at the newly visiting country. I will do my best with the skaters to give great performance to the audience."

But interview from SBS TV

Kween said:

I know it from David Wilson who choreographed for Yu-Na told me "Michelle you have to come to Korea, you have to, telling me you have to come like..
"OK, I will try to come! OK, I will try to come!"

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you dkyoun for the photo, news and translation of the arrival of Queen YuNa and Kween Kwan.

stevlin

On the Ice
I would enjoy it but

But I would not want to see that drunken murderer skating. I think you all know who I mean. I feel he did not truly pay for his horrible crime.

I thought this was an interesting quote:

(Last season's programs) were so much loved and it’s a bit pressure to me (to match them.)

Though I am under the apprehension that both programs of this season are less gorgeous than those of last season, I will prepare them well and do my best as I have done before.

sleepymom

Rinkside
Hm.. I've read it in Korean news article, and that Q/A was a bit different. My interpretation were more like this.

Q: Last season's programs were so popular. Did it make difficult for making this year's program?

A: Yes, it's true and it's been a bit of pressure. Some might still prefer last year's program, but I wanted the best program and I'm satisfied [ with my choice ] .

Maybe source reported it a bit differently? but the gist was like that to me. And thanks to dkyoun for all the nice articles!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Anyone know what time on Friday (EST USA) the Gala will be shown. I have the link but not the time. Thanks.

hongligl

Final Flight
Just curious, looking at the cast, everyone except Adam is truely star on ice, with at least a World Champion under their belt. I know Adam is cute, and good, but any other reason beyond that?

cristina

Rinkside
Just curious, looking at the cast, everyone except Adam is truely star on ice, with at least a World Champion under their belt. I know Adam is cute, and good, but any other reason beyond that?

Who knows. He is 2-time juniors champion, trains with Orser.
Shae-Lynn Bourne there is too not World Champion.

cosmos

On the Ice

Well, I think show organizers couldn't find another World Champion level male skater. First, they tried to invite Evan but failed (He came to the Super Class show managed by IMG). Probably, they tried hard to find that level, but failed, I guess. At least, Adam is a reghning Jr. World Champion.

BTW, Shae-Lynn Bourne was 2003 World Champion.