Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim's programs unveiled

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Hmm I can't say I'm a big fan of her music choices for this season, but I'm sure she'll use them well.

I am surprised! I'm delighted to see that the best lady skater has chosen unusual music ( especially for her SP). This might encourage other lady skaters to try and be creative, just like the guys, rather than stick to the usual stuff.

I'll try defying gravity, you can't pull me down zephyrskates's Avatar
    Add another person to the surprised bandwagon!
    This may explain why her team didn't reveal the music choices earlier. They may have expected a lot of people will be surprised, and would doubt their music selection.

Custom Title
    I am pleasantly surprised and can't wait to see the programs. I find the SP choice especially intriguing - 007 Medley. There are so many possibilities: For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die, Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, A View To A Kill, Goldeneye are the first that come to my mind.

Concerto in F is a great - we haven't seen Yu-Na skate to this style of music and I can't wait to see her skate to it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    And it is not necessary for her to become a femme fatale kind of Bond's girl. She can be James Bond, a cool spy/hard-boiled detective. In fact, she can play both or more roles in that piece: masculine, feminine, and androgenous. I hope they can use this somewhat unconventional piece to explore a lot of different possibilities. It should be fun.

Is there a possibility for her to skate in pants? Judging from her exhibition programs, think she looks very beautiful in pants. I also think Irina Slutskaya and Carolina Kostner look simply stunning in pants. Seriously, there should be more women skating in pants.
    When Debi Thomas did it as a pro, she kept taking off more clothes to reveal different aspects of her spy personality, but obviously that wouldn't work in competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOREXYjUW4

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post

I agree she should skate in pants. Don't forget Fumie Suguri also looked stunning in her pants/corset get up for an SP a few years back.

yu-na should for sure wear pants for "bond."
    Maybe she will go for something like this look
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL8SeOJQx04

but personally I wish she would wear the more legging type pants like most female skaters wear such as this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Liang_2008.jpg

Tripping on the Podium

Wow.

I like the SP and LP music choices

The costume for SP should not necessarily be pants, IMO. I prefer a dress.

Rinkside

daring, refreshing, and brilliant choices!

Custom Title
    http://spn.edaily.co.kr/sports/newsR...irCode=0020300

David Wilson says about Yu-Na's programs

Yu-Na's image in the short program will be dangerous and mysterious Bond girl
    Her LP will show her growth. 3 years ago when I met her, she was a shy girl, and now she has become a world star. Her LP will reflect Yu-Na's life as a skater and as a human.
    LP becomes dynamical as it progresses. Unlike Miss Saigon with only one theme, the whole progress was reflected in the long program. For Yu-Na, this is the chance to say "This is Yu-Na Kim". This may be used for the Olympics.

Yuna Kim's 007 Teaser Trailer

A fan of Yu-Na made a montage on 007 during the night...

What a fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdT60PsQb0

Custom Title
    Great choices Yu Na, very different for the SP, this is what we need I am really disappointed with the other skaters that are going to use the same old/same old music, there is so much choice out there, they should not be scared of the judges (and what music suits them).

Have to say though the concerto in F has been used by Emily Hughes and Susanna Poykio in the past, have to say also that Susanna Poykio used it really well so Yu Na has a lot to live up to choreographically, but Yu Na is unique.

Custom Title
    Wow that's surprising. Especially the SP, never seen a lady skate to Bond. Can't wait the TEB. Is Ando and Rochett reveal their programs yet??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dkyoun View Post
    A fan of Yu-Na made a montage on 007 during the night...

What a fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdT60PsQb0
    "She can dodge fast bullets well." What a fan!
    :chorus::chorus::chorus:
    Last edited by szidon; 08-12-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Wow that's surprising. Especially the SP, never seen a lady skate to Bond. Can't wait the TEB. Is Ando and Rochett reveal their programs yet??
    Joannie's short is a tango piece and her long is Samson and Delilah

Tripping on the Podium
    I love her choices...ESPECIALLY the SP music. Finally! Something original (for a lady anyway!

I can totally see Yu na as a Bond girl (the kick-booty femme fatale kind, not the ones that end up kicking the bucket in some tragic freak accident/murder etc. etc.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast