Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moran Memorial (Aug. 28-30 in Hackensack, NJ)

On the Ice
    Ashley's performance is so beautiful. Beautiful choreography. But the music doesn't seem to do anything good for her. As one of her fan, I eagerly wish her to change music: Any sentimental, romantic music will do better with her choreography than this!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Is it just me or did Ashley get taller?
    Several people thought Ashley looked taller and leaner.

Her triple flutz didn't really look severely underrotated at all. I'm starting to think that there needs to be degrees of underrotation, like there are with edge calls.

Custom Title
    to me ashley has improved artisically from last year, she is interpreting the music more.

for ashley got downgraded here --alissa most defintely should have been downgraded at liberty.
    ashley did skate decent and i was a bit impressed with the improvement; however she did skate a tad slow.
    however with practice she should be sharp by nationals.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Ashley looks great. I love the music for her, especially the SP. Her looks very fit, very mature, and in interpreting the music very nicely. The main thing that bothered me was her spiral sequence in the freeskate did not go with the music at all, I get the feeling that it was changed to that position in the program from the "stranger's in paradise" part and does not really work musically. Of course her lutz is really going to give her trouble. She does not even try to seem to mask the inside edge at all, and even the entrances to the lutz and the flip are very similar. I really hope she can do it at Nationals this year though, I really enjoy her style.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    for ashley got downgraded here --alissa most defintely should have been downgraded at liberty.
    Alissa didn't compete at Liberty this season.

Ashley's triple Lutz was downgraded in the short at Moran, but not in the long. I found it difficult to tell, from my seat at least, that her Lutz in the short was under rotated; guess that's what the technical panel and their replay ability is for. I thought she, along with Elene and a few of the other senior ladies, looked terrific for this point in the season. Very fit.

Custom Title
    Looks like Ashley definitely got thinner/more fit.

Which is fine of course =) just observing
    Last edited by cornell08; 08-31-2009 at 09:44 AM.

On the Ice
    Ashley's LP program is also nice. The music is OK. But..somehow.. it looks as if the music were dubbed on the choreography designed for other music. It monotonously consists of fast part: needs more slower part of the music not just to highlight the spiral but fast part for step sequence.

Ashley is always interesting. She does have a personality, which means a lot in these days. She has the fire I love to see in figure skating, she's also sexy and gracious in a special way. Looks like skating gives her a strong, almost ecstatic feeling and of course she can share it with the audience. After watching how mature she has become in her Sp and Lp, she's my favourite lady for the National championship.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    After watching how mature she has become in her Sp and Lp, she's my favourite lady for the National championship.
    I would agree if not for that lutz as well as the pressure she will be putting on herself to win nationals this year. I think that lutz will give her nothing but trouble in the coming year and if I were her I would consider doing a triple loop in the SP, she has a beautiful one.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If I were her I would consider doing a triple loop in the SP, she has a beautiful one.
    I totally agree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2