Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan's best performance?

Michelle Kwan's best performance?

I am a huge fan of hers and I really think she is one of the best figure skaters in history, if not the greatest ever!

She's had so many masterpieces on ice and has given all of us some of the greatest and most memorable skates in figure skating history. I'd like to know what for you is the single best performance of Michelle Kwan?

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Lyrica Angelica 1998 US Nats.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Good question. Her freeskate at 1998 Nationals might be my fav as well. The way she held that last pose said it all. I also loved her short program at the 1996 worlds and she had some exhibitions that were better than anything she did in competition.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I liked her Feeling Begins SP, as skated at US Nationals.

And her Fields of Gold EX, as skated at the fall cheesefest (Marshall's?) The olympic version was just too sad for me , although it was very beautiful.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    The answer to this question changes often for me. Today I'll say 1996 Worlds "Salome" and 1998 World Pro "Ariane."

How do I pick just one?

Maybe the LP at 2003 Worlds I was out of my seat screaming before it was even open. I still get teared up and get chills when I watch it.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    2000 Worlds LP. Talk about fire!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Short: Racmoninoff 98, one of her most passionate skates

Long: A tie between Salome and Lyra Angelica

Exhibition: Winter from 97 Worlds

Hmmm.......

For the LP i think it's Song of the Black Swan at the 2001 Worlds, it was a mixture of artistic and technical perfection! She had the artistry of the past with the triple-triple! She was really amazing there

For the short Rachmaninoff is still the best!

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Short: It's split between Romanza at '96 Worlds, Rach at '98 Nationals, East of Eden at '01 Nationals, and Spartacus at '05 Nationals.

Long: Lyra Angelica at '98 Nationals, Red Violin at '00 Worlds, and Song of the Black Swan at '01 Worlds.

EX: Fields of Gold (obviously) and Winter's Song.

Custom Title
    Without a doubt the best performance for me was today's. I really thought I would never see her skate again when she walked off the ice last to get her surgery. To see her able to skate so beautifully today - well it is almost magical and unreal. For me she lights up the ice like no other skater. Her passion and love of performing just radiates from every fiber in her body. I thought her injury took this gift away - and it hasn't. I am happy for her - and for me that I was able to see her skate like this again.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    Without a doubt the best performance for me was today's. I really thought I would never see her skate again when she walked off the ice last to get her surgery. To see her able to skate so beautifully today - well it is almost magical and unreal. For me she lights up the ice like no other skater. Her passion and love of performing just radiates from every fiber in her body. I thought her injury took this gift away - and it hasn't. I am happy for her - and for me that I was able to see her skate like this again.
    i've been trying to find words to express this very feeling. thank you

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    May I join the applause?
    Kathy spoke for me, as well,

My thoughts exactly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast