Michelle Kwan's best performance? | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan's best performance?

christinaskater

Medalist
I am a huge fan of hers and I really think she is one of the best figure skaters in history, if not the greatest ever!

She's had so many masterpieces on ice and has given all of us some of the greatest and most memorable skates in figure skating history. I'd like to know what for you is the single best performance of Michelle Kwan?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Good question. Her freeskate at 1998 Nationals might be my fav as well. The way she held that last pose said it all. I also loved her short program at the 1996 worlds and she had some exhibitions that were better than anything she did in competition.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I liked her Feeling Begins SP, as skated at US Nationals.

And her Fields of Gold EX, as skated at the fall cheesefest (Marshall's?) The olympic version was just too sad for me , although it was very beautiful.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The answer to this question changes often for me. Today I'll say 1996 Worlds "Salome" and 1998 World Pro "Ariane." :bow: :love:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
How do I pick just one?;)

Maybe the LP at 2003 Worlds I was out of my seat screaming before it was even open. I still get teared up and get chills when I watch it. :love:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Short: Racmoninoff 98, one of her most passionate skates:love:

Long: A tie between Salome and Lyra Angelica

Exhibition: Winter from 97 Worlds

christinaskater

Medalist
Hmmm.......

For the LP i think it's Song of the Black Swan at the 2001 Worlds, it was a mixture of artistic and technical perfection! She had the artistry of the past with the triple-triple! She was really amazing there

For the short Rachmaninoff is still the best!

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Short: It's split between Romanza at '96 Worlds, Rach at '98 Nationals, East of Eden at '01 Nationals, and Spartacus at '05 Nationals.

Long: Lyra Angelica at '98 Nationals, Red Violin at '00 Worlds, and Song of the Black Swan at '01 Worlds.

EX: Fields of Gold (obviously) and Winter's Song.

Kathy

On the Ice
Without a doubt the best performance for me was today's. I really thought I would never see her skate again when she walked off the ice last to get her surgery. To see her able to skate so beautifully today - well it is almost magical and unreal. For me she lights up the ice like no other skater. Her passion and love of performing just radiates from every fiber in her body. I thought her injury took this gift away - and it hasn't. I am happy for her - and for me that I was able to see her skate like this again.

skfan

Final Flight
Without a doubt the best performance for me was today's. I really thought I would never see her skate again when she walked off the ice last to get her surgery. To see her able to skate so beautifully today - well it is almost magical and unreal. For me she lights up the ice like no other skater. Her passion and love of performing just radiates from every fiber in her body. I thought her injury took this gift away - and it hasn't. I am happy for her - and for me that I was able to see her skate like this again.

i've been trying to find words to express this very feeling. thank you :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice

My thoughts exactly:yes::rock::clap::love:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
SP - East of Eden (2001)

LP - Aranjuez (2003)

Exhibition - Fields of Gold (2002), specifically at the Olympics

evangeline

Record Breaker
After watching her fantastic performances at Ice All Stars, I think that it's a good time to join the Michelle Kwan gush thread :)

SP: 1998 Rachmaninoff at US Nationals; 2005 Spartacus at US Nationals (mainly because of the spiral sequence there)

LP: Salome at 1996 Worlds; the Red Violin at 2000 Worlds

EX: Fields of Gold at 2002 Olympics, for obvious reasons

christinaskater

Medalist
She is truly amazing! I love her Carmina Burana and Winter Song!

Her best Free

Salome 96 Worlds LP
Lyra Angelica 98 US Nationals LP
Ariane 98 World Pros LP
The Red Violin 00' Worlds LP
Song of the Black Swan 01 Worlds LP
Scheherazade 02 US Nationals
Aranjuez 03' Worlds and Nationals
Tosca 04' US Nationals

For the SP

Romanza: Worlds 96
Rachmaninoff Nationals 98
Carmen 99 US Nationals
East of Eden 01 US Nationals and Worlds
The Feeling Begins 03' Worlds and Nationals
Sparctacus 05' US Nationals

amateur

Final Flight
Song of the Black Swan, 2001 Worlds, is the one that stays with me most, for some reason.

christinaskater

Medalist
Song of the Black Swan is like coming from behind and laying down a perfect program!

She delivered a program with technical and artistic perfection:clap::clap::clap: