Kwan's new programs from Ice Stars 2009 | Golden Skate

Kwan's new programs from Ice Stars 2009

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you so much for posting these, dorispulaski! :clap: I can't wait to watch them when I get home from work :biggrin: . . . unfortunately, we have restricted access to youtube where I work. :frown:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. I am really surprised how she didn't "lose" anything. Her flexibility, her signature moves are just as good as ever. Lovely jumps. She just looked so unbelievably happy, I can't believe she is not coming back or at least doing SOI.

Carmina Burana looked a lot like Totentaz. Somehow it dosen't really seem like her style to me, but good job. Winter Song was beautiful. It was all the best things we remember about her. Emotional, beautiful dress, smooth skating.

adamlondon

On the Ice
well now we know what her olympic sp would have been had she competed. the carmina burana was exactly 2mins 40 and the moves were all clearly laid out for a program.

a

*Sniper*

On the Ice
It's just great to see her back on the ice.
Brings back a lot of memories.
I'll always miss her in competitions!

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Both programs were great!! :love::rock: I got all teared up watching them:biggrin:

From what Ive read, the SBS announcer said that it was to be her SP if she had come back to competition. Please change your mind Michelle:yes::bow: Im wanting to see what the LP would have been :yes: One can dream;):love:

I know my boyfriend will have mixed emotions when he sees these programs. He will be sad she's not competing(he says its just not the same without her) but I know he(ok more his wallet) was thrilled when she decided she wasnt going to compete.

When there was word that she may compete and they left spots open in the Grand Prix. He went for his wallet and asked where Skate America, Nationals & Worlds were going to be, and what dates he needed off because he knew I would be determined to go to each event that she was going to be at. He looked shocked when I told him I would wait until it was official. Love him for that :)

Last edited:

MasterB

Final Flight
Why couldn't she wait until after this show to make a decision about her return. Her Carmina number would have blown the roof off the arena in January. She seemed really into this music.Too bad we will never get to see what her LP looked like, once again.

The two jumps that she did looked strong. I would like to have seen the flip or the lutz.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nice to see her back on the ice. She would be a great addition to SOI (or similar tour) if she chooses to go that route. She really looked happy to be there and it showed in her performances.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
She looks magnificent! How can she be done?! She still had that "look" in her eyes, you know the one she does when she is going to attack the hell out of a program. That short program would have brought down the house at Nationals:rock: I pray to the skate gods that she will change her mind and come back( I know, wishful thinking....)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Michelle skated beautifully today. Loved both of her programs. Winter Song was so light and airy she was just floating across the ice. Her spiral sequence almost made me faint, the extension she gets on her Charlotte is incredible. Any one remember when Michelle was about 17 at the start of her career she did an Exhibition that was called Winter can't remember who it was by, but I loved that too.

The gala was first class. The live music is such a plus. YuNa and all of the skaters did a fine job. Thanks to David and Brian, without them I don't think we would have had such a great show.

R.D.

Record Breaker
She looks magnificent! How can she be done?! She still had that "look" in her eyes, you know the one she does when she is going to attack the hell out of a program. That short program would have brought down the house at Nationals:rock: I pray to the skate gods that she will change her mind and come back( I know, wishful thinking....)

short program? :confused: they were both gala performances.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Any one remember when Michelle was about 17 at the start of her career she did an Exhibition that was called Winter can't remember who it was by, but I loved that too.

I loved that exhibition. the song was by Tori Amos...also called "winter."

short program? they were both gala performances.

Carmina Burana was her planned SP if she came back. They said that (in Korean) during the show.

Andalusia

Final Flight
I'm probably looking at the programmes through rose-coloured glasses, but oh dear, I've missed her so. What was that Jim McKay said about her? The smile, the glow...she's just so darned lovable. :love:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Wow! I can tell she was really serious about coming back. These routines may not be her best works, but they really highlight the genuine Michelle-ness many of us have loved. Winter song had me in tears. Beautiful song, beautiful dress, and beautiful Michelle.:love: