Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 2003 photos

Custom Title

Jaana - These pictures are sooo good! Are you a professional photographer? If not, think about it. And thank you for sharing them with us.

I see the TT influence in Johnny's costume. I'm glad he's not using another blouse. The jacket - a bit to ornate for my taste - fits perfectly and will not interfere with his skating.

Chiper is good looking and looks like he could tear up the ice and win.

I'm rushing off to the dentist. Will check out the ladies when I get back. I want to see how Poykio looks.

Joe

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Joesitz
    Jaana - These pictures are sooo good! Are you a professional photographer? If not, think about it. And thank you for sharing them with us.
    Thanks, Joesitz! Not a professional photographer at all, always having problems with focusing on my manual camera, LOL. This time though the colours look better as I used the 800 film.

I see the TT influence in Johnny's costume. I'm glad he's not using another blouse. The jacket - a bit to ornate for my taste - fits perfectly and will not interfere with his skating..[/B]
    LOL, actually I heard that Johnny has designed the costumes by himself. I agree with you, they could be those by Tarasova designers...

Chiper is good looking and looks like he could tear up the ice and win...[/B]
    Yes, he was skating with great enthusiasm. Did the only quad. Otherwise lots of skating fans thought that Johnny should have won.

I'm rushing off to the dentist. Will check out the ladies when I get back. I want to see how Poykio looks.
    ..[/B]
    Unfortunately the ones of Pöykiö look real blurry... She had a wonderful short programme and free skate. I was so much concentrating on watching her that I forgot to take more photos...

I hope you survive the dentist..., LOL?

Marjaana

In love with the axel!
    Great pictures. Thanks for posting them!

TriGirl Rinkside
    Jaana,

Excellent photos. I was thinking the same thing as Joe - are these professional?

Interesting costumes. I didn't recognize all the faces, but costume-wise, it's a mix of lovely and perfectly hideous!

Thanks for the link.
    tharrtell

On the Ice
    Jaana, these photos are excellent! I took the liberty to post them (mentioning your name of course) on Europe On Ice Message Board

Annemarie

http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/03Fin44.jpg
    I love this photo of Angela...

and it's so weird to see Aaron Parchem skating with someone else... :(

Custom Title
    Besides Angela's double jumps did anyone enjoy the concept of her programs? Are the details nice. I mean if she doesn't do well in regionals or something we may not get to see Angela come Nationals.

Custom Title
    Lavender, I liked Angela´s skating style and programmes. A pity that she was not able to jump triples yet, but I think that later she could compete with these programmes very well.

Marjaana

Custom Title
    I find myself loving and hating Angela's dress, but I don't know which one yet.

OTOH, I'm looking forward to Hinzman and Parchem.

Thanks for the pictures!

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Jaana
    Lavender, I liked Angela´s skating style and programmes. A pity that she was not able to jump triples yet, but I think that later she could compete with these programmes very well.

Marjaana
    Thanks Jaana. Did the program have some new touches to it?

Custom Title

Thumbs up

WOW, great photos Jaana (no lie)!

I agree with those that think you are a professional photographer ~ superb pics [two thumbs up]

A few comments &/or questions, if you will...

PAGE 1

Which one is Chiper??? The winner from (ROM).....am anxious to identify him......thanks in advance. (:^)

PAGE 2

lol, Weir looks as effeminate as ever (btw he's always reminded me of Angela Nikodinov in terms of looks).....such a pretty boy......reminds me of Lestat in "Interview with the Vampire".

Nikodinov looks as lovely as ever ~ Giselle suits her to perfection ~ especially that pose where she reminds me of a doe ready to flee, but first must take one last coquettish look over her right shoulder (btw my hat goes off to you, Jaana, for capturing the essence of Angela IMHO; no lie; it's my favorite). (:^)

hmm, are those Poykio's pics in front of Drei??? Interesting.

Whoa, Drei seems ready to punch somebody! (8^O But then I suppose that's just the way she looks, at least to me she always has (lol). (;^)

I see Kostner is still all legs & arms, but then so were two of my all-time favorites (aka Baiul & Hughes) at one time ~ love that bambi look (lol). (:^D

***Note: whose that lady next to Kostner??? And I do mean lady, she appears older than the rest. JMHO.***

OMG, who is that young girl at the very end? She appears so full of life & effervescence! Love it! Looks like she's the only one having a good time ~ could it be McCorkell!?

PAGE 3

Is that Manzano at the very top of the page? If so, CONGRATS to her for being the grande dame of the competition and placing on the podium over mucher younger ones. GOOOOO WARHORSES! [two thumbs way up]

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Thank you soooo very much, Jaana, for my first look at Hinzmann & Parchem as a pair! LOVE IT (no lie). Can't decide which pair was more aesthetically gorgeous - Kalesavich & Parchem or Hinzmann & Parchem - it's a tie. Though I did/do think that K&P were more like Ken & Barbie, whereas H&P come across to me as more of a pair in terms of two halves of a perfect whole (Dick Button's words btw). And this type of pair has always been my favorite type (no lie)......aka same coloring, similar build, look more like brother & sister........such as G&G, A&B, P&P, etc.

Peace & Love, Nadine

Custom Title
    Great job on the photos Jaana. The skaters look like they were posing for you.

Nice to see so many up and comers that we don't normally get to see. Thanks!

Ladybug

Custom Title
    Originally posted by lavender
    Thanks Jaana. Did the program have some new touches to it?
    I´m sorry, but I really don´t know. I have not seen anything from her skating for a long time.

Nadine´s questions:

>Which one is Chiper??? The winner from (ROM).....am anxious to identify him......thanks in advance.>

Nadine, Chiper is on the second row (first page). You can see the skater´s names if you put the mouse on the photo in question.

>hmm, are those Poykio's pics in front of Drei??? Interesting.>

No, it is Annette Dytrt from GER.

>***Note: whose that lady next to Kostner??? And I do mean lady, she appears older than the rest. JMHO.***>

She is Olga Vasiljeva from EST and will be 26 this month.

>OMG, who is that young girl at the very end? She appears so full of life & effervescence! Love it! Looks like she's the only one having a good time ~ could it be McCorkell!?>

Yes, you are right, that is she.

>Is that Manzano at the very top of the page? >

Yes, she is Manzano. I was very glad for her that she got on the podium

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 10-16-2003 at 12:50 AM.

Thumbs up

I've never seen her dressed in black before. What a BABE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast