Martiusheva and Rogonov: A Perfect Pair | Golden Skate

Martiusheva and Rogonov: A Perfect Pair

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anastasia Martiusheva and Alexei Rogonov of Russia took the silver medal at the 2009 World Junior Figure Skating Championships in their first and only appearance at this event.
More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Paula, I love to see articles about the teams that are just starting on the Senior Grand Prix circuit. It's nice to know something about them before you first see them skate.

missysays

On the Ice
I really like this pair and look forward to their future development.

They have that "hard to teach" ability to truly interpret and feel the music as they skate- especially hard in these days of complicated, busy movement that is encouraged by the judging system. They're classical and balletic yet with a modern and interesting edge. The choreography given to them is excellent.

I hope they stick it out during this "in between" year, get those senior technical elements under their belt, and don't outgrow each other physically.

Thanks for the article.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Doris!

GS strives to get the info on those wonderful "up-and-coming" skaters and Tanja does a great job :)

oleada

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. They're a fantastic young team and I'm excited to see them dvelop. I agree that their choreography is excellent and they have a natural feel for the music. I'm excited to see them do a flamenco. Anastasia has a really fiery attitude and a lot of personality for someone so tiny.