Virtue and Moir FD for this season | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir FD for this season

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Well, apparently someone has complained about the clip so I think I will have to make that clip private.. Thanks

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
That was beautiful...really touching! Their chemeistry, as usual, is just heart wrenching.
Great position on the pair camel :) The twizzles worried me a little, though.

Enthusiast

On the Ice
This FD really suits them, and they are the perfect pair to dance this program today; however the transitions are not always there, and I hope Igor fixes this problem before the GP season starts.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Thanks for the long awaited clip, ehdtkqorl123 :thumbsup:

A rather surprising choice, IMO. So classic, almost conservative. Somehow I picture Patrick Chan skating to that piece. I don't know, could work.

love the music choice, but the moves don't strike me as too original. Besides, the music is too rushed, that's not how this mahler piece should be played at all, and I do agree they need to work on transitions.

i love to skate

Medalist
That was breathtaking.....so soft and they just floated across the ice! It is so nice to see them in such great shape after such a troublesome last year. Love the dismount from the no hands lift and their pair spin.

76olympics

On the Ice
I like it...

, but I like their softer, sentimental programs.. I understood what they were trying to accomplish with last year's Led Zeppelin, but it wasn't my "cup of tea."

Isn't that the same music Katia Gordeeva used at "Celebration of a Life" ?

OOPS! Tinymavy just reminded me it was PINK FLOYD last year; I guess it really wasn't my thing!

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Beautiful. It reminded me of the Vale Triste program, but more like a ballanchine ballet. I am stunned at how polished it looks so early in the season when "Pink Floyd" always looked unfinished and not trained enough even at the end of the season. This is certainly an olympic program and the perfect vehicle for them. The only thing I did not like was the "no-hands" lift and that jump down dismount. I wonder if that is even considered a lift, since he never actaully lifts her, but more of a balance move? I thought it did not quite fit the rest of the program....I did not like it in the Pink Floyd program really either, but certainly not here.

i love to skate

Medalist
The only thing I did not like was the "no-hands" lift and that jump down dismount. I wonder if that is even considered a lift, since he never actaully lifts her, but more of a balance move? I thought it did not quite fit the rest of the program....I did not like it in the Pink Floyd program really either, but certainly not here.

Well it must be considered a lift since they got credit for it at every competition last year.

amateur

Final Flight
oooh! that is one CLASSY routine - I love it. Understated, elegant, and the skating does the talking - not any "affectation" to tell you what the program is about, and certainly no pandering to the audience with such a music choice - I feel this will be absolutely incredible come the peak of the season, when one considers how much they were really able to refine and push their Umbrellas of Cherbourg routine over that season in time for that phenomenal perfomance at Worlds.. Incredible lines and posture from Tessa. Probably not much as a departure for them in style as might have been hoped, but this is them doing what they best have to offer, and is still very refreshing.

gold12345

Medalist
Gosh, that music bores me. The way they skated it was quite elegant and beautiful, but I was Zzzzzz with that music a little bit.

shan

Rinkside
... The only thing I did not like was the "no-hands" lift and that jump down dismount. I wonder if that is even considered a lift, since he never actaully lifts her, but more of a balance move? I thought it did not quite fit the rest of the program....I did not like it in the Pink Floyd program really either, but certainly not here.

I don't care for that lift either (not last year or this year). Seeing the "dismount" reminds of pairs and makes me think of comments that D/W were the team that looked like pair skaters. lol I hope this program picks up through the season because it seemed long to me on first viewing....

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
, but I like their softer, sentimental programs.. I understood what they were trying to accomplish with last year's Led Zeppelin, but it wasn't my "cup of tea."

Isn't that the same music Katia Gordeeva used at "Celebration of a Life" ?

Yes, it is. Mahler's Adagietto from 5th Symphony. This music was not meant to be sentimental by the composer (even if many music listeners - or conductors... - consider it so) and it really shouldn't be skated in a sentimental way. I think that Tessa and Scott didn't.

Final Flight
mature. soft. elegant.
but maybe too soft. too airy. too monotone
first thought was: costuming ....flashbacks to dub/lau.....then to the short-lived great gig in the sky by del/sch

the first lift was extremely uncomfortable to watch but i guess...."level 4 worthy"
i realized all the choreo and elements were soooo stretched and loose - far apart. which lead me too the previously mentioned "zzz"s

that "cool" hands-free lift is sooo out of place, but cute (but perhaps illegal?) dismount - start researching!

in the end - was that a spin....a lift? a what?

overall i felt safe and please - nice, peaceful, calm, beautiful, soft, soothing, relaxing ........enough said.

if kept, the program has minimal growth, it is what it is..(in my opinion) but then again i anticipate disagreements....saying that this is a "beacon,a return to true ice dance"

Last edited:

76olympics

On the Ice
Hi, GuiliaPlum:

Point taken. I guess you could say Katia's interpretation was a very fitting one for this music. I probably didn't express myself very clearly,but I like the the more classic routines vs. the edgy. This routine seemed classic; I liked it very much and think it has promise to become more complex..

all that

Final Flight
if kept, the program has minimal growth, it is what it is..(in my opinion) but then again i anticipate disagreements....saying that this is a "beacon,a return to true ice dance"

:rofl: Your obvious bias never fails to make me fall on the floor and roll with laughter. Minimal growth! I'm in hysterics! Thanks! :laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I will have to wait to view this at home. I can't access it at work, nor the music. It does sound like it will be interesting though.