Thread: Qualification for ISU events

Qualification for ISU events

Here's what I found on Passion-Patinage:
    http://www.passion-patinage.com/spip.php?article396

One thing that troubles me though is how Italy got 3 spots for the ladies' event at Euros. Any Suggestions?

I think listing Italy as having qualified three ladies might simply have been a mistake, because Caro was 2nd and Francesca Rio was the next highest at 15th place. That does not add up to 13, no matter how hard one might try .

Of course, Passion Patinage, while a very helpful resource, is not an official source.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I think listing Italy as having qualified three ladies might simply have been a mistake, because Caro was 2nd and Francesca Rio was the next highest at 15th place. That does not add up to 13, no matter how hard one might try .

Of course, Passion Patinage, while a very helpful resource, is not an official source.
    It's what I was thinking too, but I was hoping that such a site would get the official figures rather than calculate themselves. It just seems strange that they would make such a huge mistake.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    It's what I was thinking too, but I was hoping that such a site would get the official figures rather than calculate themselves. It just seems strange that they would make such a huge mistake.
    I may be totally wrong here, but I don't think any competitions publicly announce "official qualifications"; from what I recall, they just have the official requirements up (e.g. the 13 rule).

I'm assuming whoever made the list mixed up the criteria for countries sending only 1 skater (where a country placing in the top 2 can send 3 skaters) with those sending 2 or more (where the total placements of the 2 highest ranked skaters need to be 13 or under). Last year, for example, I remember the Wikipedia article for 2009 Worlds listing Italy as qualified to send 3 skaters, on the (mistaken) grounds that Carolina placed 2nd.

Custom Title