Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Custom Title

Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Event page with link to ticket info, schedule & roster:
    http://www.allyearfsc.com/events/

Custom Title
    Wow. Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu and Caroline Zhang all at the same summer competition! How exciting

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by liketotally View Post
    Wow. Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu and Caroline Zhang all at the same summer competition! How exciting
    The senior ladies' field is loaded for bear. Caroline and Mirai will probably be monitored here. The men's field is not as loaded.

It looks like most of the competitors will be American or Canadian, with a few other nationalities sprinkled in.

EDIT : Mirai and Rachael have official web pages. Neither of them list the Golden West on their schedule.
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 08-20-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Caroline might not do it if her knee is not 100%, so that will leave none of the big name ladies. I might go, but probably only if at least one of three show up.

Custom Title
    Here's the direct link to the roster/groups: http://www.allyearfsc.com/events/GOL...9GW-Groups.pdf

Many skaters' official sites do not list club (non-qualifying) competitions on their schedule. Being in the Team A envelope, Flatt will have a private monitoring session scheduled at her home rink in September, but has elected to compete this summer anyway (Colorado Championships earlier this month and scheduled for Golden West). Team B envelope skaters Nagasu, Zhang, and Inoue/Baldwin are expected to compete here for "competition readiness" monitoring in preparation for their Grand Prix events. Other envelope skaters like Dennis Phan, Douglas Razzano, and Alexander Johnson are likely competing here for possible Senior B assignments. Laney Diggs is already assigned to a JGP, while Kristiene Gong and the new Jr. pair team of Carman/Reiss are currently listed as JGP alternates for the US.

Two of the Vancouver-based Canadian skaters on the roster -- Kevin Reynolds and Jeremy Ten -- went 1-2 in the Senior Men's event at Golden West last year (Ten went on to make his first World team for Canada).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Custom Title
    It looks like it will be quite an event. Last year, I read a disturbing report that a third of the audience walked out after Caroline skated her long. As big a fan as I am, I thought that was a very rude audience. It was like the other skaters didn't matter.

I would like to go, but since I'm in Massachusetts, there are about 3,000 reasons why I can't.

Custom Title
    According to the schedule, the event has started. Maybe we will get a few reports and videos.

Custom Title
    Ahhhh! I can't wait any longer, I want to see the girls' new programs!

you and me both I hope we get some videos from the event

I am sooo sad I will be missing the event. Of course I would schedule a visit out to friends in Florida the exact weekend this is going on I dont know where my brain is sometimes. Most of my friends and family would say I leave it on the ice, but not this weekend

Custom Title
    Why does Caroline always get shafted when it comes to starting #?

I hope Danielle Kahle does well.

Custom Title
    Douglas Razzano did extremely well. He is in the lead.

Tripping on the Podium
    when does senior SP start ?
    (us time)

According to the schedule, Sr Ladies SP should be starting in 9 minutes at 8:35 PM.
    http://www.allyearfsc.com/events/GOL...iveSchedv2.pdf

Can't wait! Someone at FSU is sending in some comments.

ETA: first group has started skating. I don't recognize any of the skaters in the first group, but Katheryn Kang and Danielle Kahle are in the second group.
    Last edited by feraina; 09-05-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast