Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The top 3 are Rachael, Mirai then Caroline.

From the posters at FSU, it looks like Caroline intended a triple flip - double loop combo, but had a shaky landing on the flip. This forced her to tack the loop onto something else, which messed up another required element. Then she had a step-out on her axel. Hence the low score.

Of course, we've seen Caroline make up incredible ground before. :biggrin:

When was the last time that caroline didn't try a 3-3 in the short? I guess she is training a 3flip-3loop combination. I think she should just stick with the toe loop. I doubt that she would be able to rotate the loop any better than the toe after coming out of the flip. not worth it for the slightly higher base value. She has other things to work on that more more top priority IMO.

Does Racheal had a big lead? did she land a 3-3?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
50.12? That's rough.

yeah. she is 10 points behind the top two girls. Usually her freekskates are better than her shorts but i can't see her getting out of third. Thanks a bundle Sylvia for the tweets :)

LeCygne

Final Flight
I guess she is training a 3flip-3loop combination.

I don't think she is training 3flip-3loop.

Caroline report from a poster at SashaFans: "She actually skated considerably faster into her 3flip, but barely hung on to the landing. Added 2toe to her 3loop for the combo. I want to say she struggled with the landing of her 2axel. Her spins were good, obviously."

Sounds like she's still having trouble with 3flip... Hope she does well in the long!!

bibi

On the Ice
Is there any videos up? I would love to see Mirai's new programs :) I'm so glad to see that she had a good score in the short program, I hope she can deliver a great performance in the long also!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Is there any videos up? I would love to see Mirai's new programs :) I'm so glad to see that she had a good score in the short program, I hope she can deliver a great performance in the long also!

I keep checking youtube...but don't see anything yet.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It's great that Mirai did so well after such a rough season.

From the posts at FSUniverse, none of the 3 top girls did a triple-triple. I'm not sure why.

Lanie

On the Ice
It ended somewhere around 10.30, 10.45. It's why I didn't end up going tonight. Bah!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
They posted reports over at FSUniverse about the Ladies' freeskate. Top 3 finishers in the LP were Rachael, Caroline and Mirai. Mirai seems to have had one fall.

Overall top 3 were same as short program - Rachael, Mirai and Caroline. They report that all 3 girls were signing autographs for fans after their performances.

ordinary person

On the Ice
I'm sure Racheal Flatt beat Mirai and caroline to get first place no doubt,amazing how she skates,much faster than caroline might i say.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
While we wait for the official results to be published online...

Sr Ladies Final top 3: R Flatt 179.67 (117.17 1st in FS), M Nagasu 161.81 (100.65 3rd in FS), C Zhang 152.34 (102.22 2nd in FS)
4-6: K Gong 131.18 (81.53 4th in FS), L Diggs 122.14 (76.56 5th in FS), D Kahle 112.14 (70.02 6th in FS).