Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Apparently Caroline skated relatively well. Expressive but still kinda slow, and slow entrance into 2A with a step-out on the landing. The combo may also have been a 3-2. I'm confused by the comments from the FSU poster, who seems to suggest that her combo was 3R-2X, but that would be a really different jump layout for her SP. I don't get it. I guess we will have more exact information from somewhere later. Given the amazing line-up, IN may have a write-up tomorrow. Jenny Kirk is writing reviews about the competition in her blog, too.

Okay, apparently Mirai & Rachael both skated well, too, and also 3-2 combos. Looking forward to the details tomorrow...
    Last edited by feraina; 09-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Anyone know what the standings are after the senior ladies SP?

Custom Title
    The top 3 are Rachael, Mirai then Caroline.

From the posters at FSU, it looks like Caroline intended a triple flip - double loop combo, but had a shaky landing on the flip. This forced her to tack the loop onto something else, which messed up another required element. Then she had a step-out on her axel. Hence the low score.

Of course, we've seen Caroline make up incredible ground before.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post

From the posters at FSU, it looks like Caroline intended a triple flip - double loop combo, but had a shaky landing on the flip. This forced her to tack the loop onto something else, which messed up another required element. Then she had a step-out on her axel. Hence the low score.

I have read in the news that Caroline had a knee injury, that's a reason her jump is a bit shaky, isn't it?

I don't know if I can ask this here, but does she quit her relationship with her new coach, Ms. Won and go back to her former coach for some reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by KeineZeite View Post
    I have read in the news that Caroline had a knee injury, that's a reason her jump is a bit shaky, isn't it?

I don't know if I can ask this here, but does she quit her relationship with her new coach, Ms. Won and go back to her former coach for some reasons?
    Here is the thread in the Edge where both of these topics is being discussed.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28001

Douglas Razzano did extremely well. He is in the lead.
    I'll say! 79 points is a world class score and 20 points above Razzano's previous personal best!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

When was the last time that caroline didn't try a 3-3 in the short? I guess she is training a 3flip-3loop combination. I think she should just stick with the toe loop. I doubt that she would be able to rotate the loop any better than the toe after coming out of the flip. not worth it for the slightly higher base value. She has other things to work on that more more top priority IMO.

Does Racheal had a big lead? did she land a 3-3?

Custom Title
    While we wait for the official results to be published by All Year FSC, I've tweeted the Golden West results that have been passed along to me so far: http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen

Custom Title
    50.12? That's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    50.12? That's rough.
    yeah. she is 10 points behind the top two girls. Usually her freekskates are better than her shorts but i can't see her getting out of third. Thanks a bundle Sylvia for the tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I guess she is training a 3flip-3loop combination.
    I don't think she is training 3flip-3loop.

Caroline report from a poster at SashaFans: "She actually skated considerably faster into her 3flip, but barely hung on to the landing. Added 2toe to her 3loop for the combo. I want to say she struggled with the landing of her 2axel. Her spins were good, obviously."

Sounds like she's still having trouble with 3flip... Hope she does well in the long!!

take off the oven mitts
    could her injury be affecting her? are there any videos on youtube?

Custom Title
    All the results through Saturday, including Senior Ladies SP, are up on the official results site now: http://www.allyearfsc.com/events/GOL...09results/IJS/

Custom Title
    Is there any videos up? I would love to see Mirai's new programs I'm so glad to see that she had a good score in the short program, I hope she can deliver a great performance in the long also!

Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Is there any videos up? I would love to see Mirai's new programs I'm so glad to see that she had a good score in the short program, I hope she can deliver a great performance in the long also!
    I keep checking youtube...but don't see anything yet.

Rinkside
    not sure that they allowed pictures/videos. it was a really small rink.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast