Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Custom Title
    It's great that Mirai did so well after such a rough season.

From the posts at FSUniverse, none of the 3 top girls did a triple-triple. I'm not sure why.

Custom Title
    Thank you Sylvia for keeping us posted on Twitter!!

When is the senior ladies LP?

Custom Title
    Pretty late, apparently!

Skater Girl
    It ended somewhere around 10.30, 10.45. It's why I didn't end up going tonight. Bah!

Custom Title
    They posted reports over at FSUniverse about the Ladies' freeskate. Top 3 finishers in the LP were Rachael, Caroline and Mirai. Mirai seems to have had one fall.

Overall top 3 were same as short program - Rachael, Mirai and Caroline. They report that all 3 girls were signing autographs for fans after their performances.

Custom Title
    I'm sure Racheal Flatt beat Mirai and caroline to get first place no doubt,amazing how she skates,much faster than caroline might i say.

Custom Title
    While we wait for the official results to be published online...

Sr Ladies Final top 3: R Flatt 179.67 (117.17 1st in FS), M Nagasu 161.81 (100.65 3rd in FS), C Zhang 152.34 (102.22 2nd in FS)
    4-6: K Gong 131.18 (81.53 4th in FS), L Diggs 122.14 (76.56 5th in FS), D Kahle 112.14 (70.02 6th in FS).

Custom Title
    Wow, that's a huge margin from first all the way to sixth.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    The results are officially up, just click on senior ladies:
    http://www.allyearfsc.com/events/GOL.../IJS/index.htm

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    I'm sure Racheal Flatt beat Mirai and caroline to get first place no doubt,amazing how she skates,much faster than caroline might i say.
    Umm Rachael is probably the second slowest after Caroline of the elite skaters. And Mirai makes both of them look AARP.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Well Racheal came out with a vengeance. I can't wait to see their programs. Still a low score for Caroline for the free. No falls but she must have had some downgrades. This worries me :/ same goes for Mirar, but she did have a fall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Well Racheal came out with a vengeance. I can't wait to see their programs. Still a low score for Caroline for the free. No falls but she must have had some downgrades. This worries me :/ same goes for Mirar, but she did have a fall.
    Last year, there was a professional video crew at Golden West. I never saw one second of video on YouTube, nor anywhere else. So I think they must have had a no-amateur-video policy in effect.

With a score that low, I have to believe either Caroline is not fully recovered from her torn miniscus in her knee ..... or she has recovered, but is not yet back to full strength. She has a little over a month to get back into form for TEB.

Congrats to Rachael. I think this score is a personal best for her. I suspect Caroline is not 100%, her knee injury worries me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Umm Rachael is probably the second slowest after Caroline of the elite skaters. And Mirai makes both of them look AARP.
    Flatt and Nagasu are on equal terms in terms of speed at this point in the game. That was readily apparent at Culver City on Sat and Sun nights. It is obvious that both skaters have taken feedback from last season and have applied it to their game plan for this season. Flatt has really worked on her presentation and speed and Nagasu has worked on cleaning up jump technique (she was "measured" in her approach to her jumps...gears were obviously cranking for Mirai). Flatt was much more comfortable in her choreography than many of the other skaters.

Video ....yes, there were many many reminders made on the public address system that no one was to video any one but their OWN skater. Hurd video is the official videographer for the event.

Cudos to Flatt and Nagasu. Caroline has much on her plate with France coming up so quickly.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast