Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Golden West (Sept. 3-6 in Culver City, CA)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Hurd video is the official videographer for the event.
    What does Hurd Video do with its footage?
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-08-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What does Hurd Video do with its foorage?
    They put it on a DVD and sell it to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Still a low score for Caroline for the free. No falls but she must have had some downgrades. This worries me :/ same goes for Mirar, but she did have a fall.
    I heard she only did a a 3F-2T, stepped out of the solo 3F, and skated through her 3S completely! (Didn't she do that last year at TEB as well?!) So that would perhaps explain her lower score.

Remember that she was injured with miniscus tear for a while, so that might explain why her jumps are not in such good shape right now. But I do worry for her with TEB coming up so soon. :(
    Last edited by feraina; 09-07-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    They put it on a DVD and sell it to the public.
    there were a couple people who took videos of caroline and mirai (curiously, they didn't film rachel...) hopefully they will post the videos.

Omg,rachel really creamed mirai by almost 18 points,and caroline by 27,i didn't think it would be that much of points between them heh,unbelievable.

Custom Title
    Caroline and Mirai were both hampered by injuries. I am hoping they are recovered, but just haven't gotten back up to full power yet.

Custom Title
    Hammer shammered-- no benefit of doubt for Caroline -miria benefit of doublt held at franks rink--(miria skates_held up-politics us people still feel sorry about what happened during world war ii, politics, racism--caroline wrong descent-

Dorothy-coaches rachel-wanted . rachel supposedly skates like dorothy-not like rachel-want everyone to know rachel is the RIGHT(white )girl they want held up despite mistakes. why-religion politics, skating politics, race and normal politics.
    cheated back in the day -still cheat now, with urs, benefit of doubt, steroids, souped up suits, deeper pools, not counted wrong turns, you name it they use it against the ones they don't want up there and caroline isn't one the usfsa, ioc, isu want up there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    Hammer shammered-- no benefit of doubt for Caroline -miria benefit of doublt held at franks rink--(miria skates_held up-politics us people still feel sorry about what happened during world war ii, politics, racism--caroline wrong descent-

Dorothy-coaches rachel-wanted . rachel supposedly skates like dorothy-not like rachel-want everyone to know rachel is the RIGHT(white )girl they want held up despite mistakes. why-religion politics, skating politics, race and normal politics.
    cheated back in the day -still cheat now, with urs, benefit of doubt, steroids, souped up suits, deeper pools, not counted wrong turns, you name it they use it against the ones they don't want up there and caroline isn't one the usfsa, ioc, isu want up there.
    Yeah, Caroline's jumping errors and painfully slow skating didn't cost her the victory this weekend, her descent did.

From the reports, it sounds as if Rachael clearly skated cleaner than both Mirai and Caroline this weekend (and they all appeared to have attempted similar technical content.) That's probably all there is to it. Sure, we don't really know what their programs look like yet, but none of them have a history of being particularly outstanding in presentation, speed, etc. So this one probably came down to the jumps, and Rachael was more solid.
    Last edited by gold12345; 09-08-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Also, Rachael had the advantage with this being her second summer competition. I think she didn't do so well at Colorado Championships earlier this summer, similar to what Caroline and Mirai did here at their first competition of the season.

From the few reports we've gotten so far, I am a bit worried for Caroline. Rachael seems like she's in a good place and Mirai did pretty well here, but Caroline seems to be struggling. Looks like coaching changes and the injury have set her back, and there really isn't much time until TEB.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    ...but Caroline seems to be struggling. Looks like coaching changes and the injury have set her back, and there really isn't much time until TEB.
    For her, the concern isn't necessarily recovering for TEB, but trying to peak at Nationals/the Olympic trials, which isn't until the end of January.

I would think struggles right now are understandable since it's still quite early. Obviously, kinks need to be worked out.

Rachel obviously is blessed with being a consistent competitor and she should take advantage of that while she still has her jumps. Hopefully she can incorporate some personality into her skating- because if she gets the presentation, watch out. She's still quite young, though, and I hope she doesn't turn into Meissner 2.0, with early success and then fading into obscurity.
    Last edited by R.D.; 09-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Custom Title
    Caro's Short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrARhCCNPKI

The quality's not great, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, I thought Caroline still looked pretty slow, and her mule-kick is still there!

Down With It
    Well, if I were Zhang, I wouldn't want to mess with the jumps or do serious work on them this close to the Olympic Qualifiers...

Custom Title
    Well, I liked both Rachael&Carolines program, they just have 2 very different styles
    Rachael is really "selling" her SP, nice to see!
    Too bad, I cannot find any videos of Mirai's program, I am really looking forward to see how she put everything together this year..

Rachael SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4pnY5pJnTA

LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq38va9rhWc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by taaak View Post
    I didn't really like Mirai's cut of POTC. There was none of the excitement of the original music. And the cutesey little hops at the beginning of the footwork were :frown2:.

For some reason, Mirai skating to Carmen makes me think of Miki Ando.
    Last edited by liketotally; 09-09-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast