Music Help!!! | Golden Skate

Music Help!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am doing a wedding video for one of my co-workers. She just got married, she' 38 and thought she would never get married. She said she's waited so long for her prince. :laugh: :laugh: Anyhow, I would like your help. When I've done videos before I usually get the music from the people but this is a gift for her and I am stumped.

They are both down to earth type people so I think any kind of music would be good. He's kind of country.

I have the church music.

I was going to use.... You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman for her.

I need music for him... and that's where I'm stumped and need your help, pleeeeeeeeeese.

Wicked

Final Flight
Does this couple have a sense of humor? You could use "Someday My Prince Will Come!"

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I have a few suggestions:

1) Something That We Do by Clint Black - I had never heard of this until a friend who got married recently used this.
2) I'm Yours by Jason Mraz - A bit more contemporary, one of my favorite songs for the past year.
3) When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge - This keeps it in the same 60s R&B vein as Aretha's song

Good luck!! And let us know what song you do end up using.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"Lost in the Moment" - Big & Rich
"She's Everything (To Me)" - Brad Paisley
"Like Red on a Rose" - Alan Jackson
"A Woman's Love" - Alan Jackson
"Right on the Money" - Alan Jackson
"Two fo a Kind (Workin' On A Full House)" - Garth Brooks
"Stealin Cinderella" - can't think of the dude's name at the moment but he's a country artist

yeah I'm a bit of a Country fan.

I suppose it's a bit over the top, but how about "Holding Out for a Hero," by Bonnie Tyler?

There's a beautiful quiet love song by Springsteen, "If I Should Fall Behind."

Both of the above are on YouTube.

Something I can't seem to find on YouTube anymore is Prince's "The Arms of Orion," a sublime love song that has absolutely no connection to the movie it was written for--the first Tim Burton Batman film. Doubtless you're cleverer than I about finding other music sites to search.

Judy Collins sings a lovely song called "Prothalamium," again not on YouTube but maybe on one of the other sites that I'm not connected to.

Has anyone suggested "At Last My Love Has Come Along"? It has a soul vibe that would work with "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman."

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Good luck with your creation!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not too knowledgeable about the country music genre, but how about Kenny Rodgers "Through the Years" (in the country crossover genre)? Also, his duet with Dolly Parton, "Islands in the Stream?"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
First thought to my mind is From This Moment On with Shania Twain and Paul Boyd. Of course it is not that original to use but there is a good reason. Fits a wedding like "it was made for one.

This is the "crossover" of country to country western.

I thought of another possibility: "Bless the Broken Road" (or possibly it's called "God Bless the Broken Road"), a country song by Rascal Flatts. The first time I actually heard it was on American Idol, when Rascal Flatts sang it with Carrie Underwood, and I love the harmony they did together. Both versions are available on YouTube. Its basic idea is that the singer is grateful for the "broken road" of early disappointments that ended up leading him/her to the person who was the true love. So it's a great song for a relatively late marriage, I'd think.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
John Denver had lots of country-folksy tunes like, "Rocky Mountain High"........42

antmanb

Record Breaker
Something I can't seem to find on YouTube anymore is Prince's "The Arms of Orion," a sublime love song that has absolutely no connection to the movie it was written for--the first Tim Burton Batman film. Doubtless you're cleverer than I about finding other music sites to search.

That is one of my favourite Prince songs - it is beautiful - i don't remember it even being in the film, though it is, of course, from teh Batman soundtrack. it was a duet with Sheena Easton.

Ant

Jhar55

Medalist
how about Josh Turners - Your Man, Will you Go With Me
just couple of his songs came to mind..

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another one I thought of (in the folkie genre). I was listening to it yesterday - Mary Travers (of Peter, Paul, & Mary) singing "Follow Me," (a John Denver song, I believe).