Zahradnicek Zooms Ahead at Season's Start | Golden Skate

Zahradnicek Zooms Ahead at Season's Start

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last month, Alexander Zahradnicek began his season with a big win at the Liberty Open in Aston, Penn. The 17-year-old won both the short and free programs to dominate the junior men's competition.

More ...

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I'm always glad to see articles about the lesser-known, up and coming skaters! :)

Last year he placed fourth in novice before moving up to juniors in the 2000-10 season.
Zahradnicek won the Novice pewter (4th place) medal at 2008 U.S. Nationals. He moved up to junior last season but placed 7th at Eastern Sectionals in November 2008 so did not qualify for 2009 Nationals. Which makes his performance (3 first places) at Liberty last month so noteworthy and, IMO, deserving of JGP consideration for this season.

In the Final round at Liberty, Zahradnicek attempted 6 triples in his FS and was credited with landing five cleanly (3F+3T, 3Lz+2T, 3F, 3Lz, 3S+2T+2Lo), plus two solo 2A. He also landed the 3Lo but it was downgraded by the technical panel, although only 2 judges gave him -1 GOE and the rest gave him 0.

His comeback has been impressive so far this summer and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can accomplish this season.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I'm always glad to see articles about the lesser-known, up and coming skaters! :)

Zahradnicek won the Novice pewter (4th place) medal at 2008 U.S. Nationals. He moved up to junior last season but placed 7th at Eastern Sectionals in November 2008 so did not qualify for 2009 Nationals. Which makes his performance (3 first places) at Liberty last month so noteworthy and, IMO, deserving of JGP consideration for this season.

In the Final round at Liberty, Zahradnicek attempted 6 triples in his FS and was credited with landing five cleanly (3F+3T, 3Lz+2T, 3F, 3Lz, 3S+2T+2Lo), plus two solo 2A. He also landed the 3Lo but it was downgraded by the technical panel, although only 2 judges gave him -1 GOE and the rest gave him 0.

His comeback has been impressive so far this summer and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can accomplish this season.

I think he has a JGP event.