Thread: I Need Help With My 2Lz!

Custom Title

I Need Help With My 2Lz!

My coach is always saying ''fix your edge for the lutz"! I do the 1Lz fine (with an outside edge), but when it comes to double, I always go back to the inside edge for some reason.

I can do
    1T perfect
    1S good
    1Lo good
    1F good
    1Lz good
    1A fine
    2T good
    2S shaky landing sometimes but it's clean
    2Lo good but sometimes under-rotated
    2F good
    2Lz '' e '' someone help??
    2A ok... i under-rotate this sometimes but i rarely fall LOL

So...how do you keep your edge outside? My coach said ''keep it outside'' but it always go back to inside edge!

Custom Title
    Do you have any videos so people can see your jump? Very hard to give helpful information without seeing you.

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    If you don't flutz on your single, do a few in a row to feel the body position when you take off, then make sure to always take off with the same feeling when trying the double.
    To fix my flutz I think of pressing the shoulder of my skating foot as far forward and towards my free foot as possible, I also try to pick in to to far outside of my skating foot to exaggerate the feeling of the outside edge.

Rinkside
    I wish I could help. I wish I could do a single lutz.

Custom Title
    If it's only your double that flutzes, you are probably unconsciously anticipating the rotation and that makes you release your picking side shoulder too early. Do some single lutzes and give yourself some cue words that mimic the timing of the correct picking technique (for example, "Reach, shoulder back, pick, pull-up!"). Then use the same cue words and timing for the lutz-loop, then the double lutz. If you see a swerve on your tracings, go back to the single or the lutz-loop for awhile.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vlaurend View Post
    If it's only your double that flutzes, you are probably unconsciously anticipating the rotation and that makes you release your picking side shoulder too early. Do some single lutzes and give yourself some cue words that mimic the timing of the correct picking technique (for example, "Reach, shoulder back, pick, pull-up!"). Then use the same cue words and timing for the lutz-loop, then the double lutz. If you see a swerve on your tracings, go back to the single or the lutz-loop for awhile.
    Thanks! I can almost do double loop consistently now! My lutz is a bit better but, I always fall or step-out if I try for a deep outside edge! I'm re-practicing my single lutz to get my timing right!