I Need Help With My 2Lz! | Golden Skate

I Need Help With My 2Lz!

pokky_oc

On the Ice
My coach is always saying ''fix your edge for the lutz"! I do the 1Lz fine (with an outside edge), but when it comes to double, I always go back to the inside edge for some reason.

I can do
1T perfect
1S good
1Lo good
1F good
1Lz good
1A fine
2T good
2S shaky landing sometimes but it's clean
2Lo good but sometimes under-rotated
2F good
2Lz '' e '' someone help??
2A ok... i under-rotate this sometimes but i rarely fall LOL

So...how do you keep your edge outside? My coach said ''keep it outside'' but it always go back to inside edge!:no:

backspin

On the Ice
Do you have any videos so people can see your jump? Very hard to give helpful information without seeing you.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
If you don't flutz on your single, do a few in a row to feel the body position when you take off, then make sure to always take off with the same feeling when trying the double.
To fix my flutz I think of pressing the shoulder of my skating foot as far forward and towards my free foot as possible, I also try to pick in to to far outside of my skating foot to exaggerate the feeling of the outside edge.

vlaurend

Final Flight
If it's only your double that flutzes, you are probably unconsciously anticipating the rotation and that makes you release your picking side shoulder too early. Do some single lutzes and give yourself some cue words that mimic the timing of the correct picking technique (for example, "Reach, shoulder back, pick, pull-up!"). Then use the same cue words and timing for the lutz-loop, then the double lutz. If you see a swerve on your tracings, go back to the single or the lutz-loop for awhile.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
If it's only your double that flutzes, you are probably unconsciously anticipating the rotation and that makes you release your picking side shoulder too early. Do some single lutzes and give yourself some cue words that mimic the timing of the correct picking technique (for example, "Reach, shoulder back, pick, pull-up!"). Then use the same cue words and timing for the lutz-loop, then the double lutz. If you see a swerve on your tracings, go back to the single or the lutz-loop for awhile.

Thanks! I can almost do double loop consistently now! My lutz is a bit better but, I always fall or step-out if I try for a deep outside edge! I'm re-practicing my single lutz to get my timing right!