JGP Budapest, HUN (Aug. 26-29, 2009) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

JGP Budapest, HUN (Aug. 26-29, 2009)

Fashionista

On the Ice
Someone in the Russian Federation needs to intervene NOW..
And it would be a disaster for Polina.

Look, she's 14 y.o., but it's not like Tara Lipinski in her 14. Polina is psychologically immature, she's a very shy girl, her coach is like mother to her. And to break their team NOW would be a mental disaster for Polina. So please leave her alone, let her develop her skills according to her mental development, let her take her time.

bekalc

Record Breaker
And it would be a disaster for Polina.

Look, she's 14 y.o., but it's not like Tara Lipinski in her 14. Polina is psychologically immature, she's a very shy girl, her coach is like mother to her. And to break their team NOW would be a mental disaster for Polina. So please leave her alone, let her develop her skills according to her mental development, let her take her time.

Well of course she shouldn't leave her coach then. But to be honest, for the coach to allow Polina to become so messy in many areas, and to have programs like that. That's not a good sign for the coach's ability to develop Polina as an artist. Don't get me wrong I don't expect a young skater to look like Cohen. But there should at least be a little development there.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
in regards to Polina, she isn't the only diva in the making--in fact she is NO Different than Ashley, Mirai, Rachel, Sasha, Sarah, Mao, Yu-na, Joannie, caroline, carolina --they all divas in the making. Just watch all theirj posture and how they word and skate, smile both on and off ice.
but as far as skating --both Angela and Polinas was sloppy--angela more--should have had downgrades in the long.

Sackie

Medalist
Looks like Shelepen is a diva in the making. She is only 13 and is very tall, much like Cynthia Phaneuf at 14-15. Makes me wonder if Shelepen will be able to make a successful transition to Senior skating once she begins to fill out.

Wow here we are talking about a Jr Ladies event in which there were no Canadians entered and yet you still get in a dig at a Can lady!

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
in regards to Polina, she isn't the only diva in the making--in fact she is NO Different than Ashley, Mirai, Rachel, Sasha, Sarah, Mao, Yu-na, Joannie, caroline, carolina --they all divas in the making. Just watch all theirj posture and how they word and skate, smile both on and off ice.
but as far as skating --both Angela and Polinas was sloppy--angela more--should have had downgrades in the long.

I think we've already established that this was a misinterpretation, and, if not, to give her the benefit of the doubt...