Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

beep_beep

Medalist
Ah, Alves... First 3 jumps were gorgeous, then :no: . And Carmen ? C'mon kid, you've got the flare, you can do better than that.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Ah, Alves... First 3 jumps were gorgeous, then :eek:hno:. And Carmen ? C'mon kid, you've got the flare, you can do better than that.

I know! I was so happy with his first three jumps! I was hoping he'd skate clean!

:frown:

I actually loved the excerts from Carmen he used.

:p

beep_beep

Medalist
Well, Alves' jumps (the ones he did land) look a lot better now than they did earlier this year at 4CC, so he definetively worked on them. I think this was more a stamina/nerves issue (it just went down after that popped lutz).

It looks good, he's 19, and he's getting better. Hope he has a real shot at going to the 2014 olys.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I find Paul and Emmanuel very suitable names for a male figure skater.
Wonder who's his choreographer. There's a lot of face-touching going on.

And go Andrei!

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
That's what I thought too.
Well, do we like Rogozine's routine, or do we not?

bekalc

Record Breaker
Joshua is talented. But it kind of feels like all of the skaters who are with his coach never seem to develop a whole lot of speed. (sigh)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Stephane. Is a nice name for a Swiss male figure skater.
But he reminds me of Verner.

dannyascii

On the Ice
Wow. Farris was great! Sure, the lutz at the end wasn't great and I think a flip might have been 2-footed, but of all the skaters I've seen in all the disciplines so far this competition, I feel like he's got a ton of maturity. A lot of these guys, all their movements feel choreographed; somehow, his felt more natural. His jumps were elegant. He has a ton of potential. Hopefully everything stays together through his growth spurt. :rock:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Not the quality of Lambiel though
Nope. Not even close!

And go Sasha!

is not his day, I'm afraid.

I read in his bio Kento NAKAMURA is going to skate to Poeta and Carmen. Naughty boy :((

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
OMG!! Nakamura! Ganbare, Kento!:clap:

See, Carmen brings bad luck!

And GO Mark!

Last edited: