Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE! | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Freak falls from the 2 American teams... :frown:
Now they are saying not to take flash photographies. Wonder if it had anything to do...

no they make that announcement several times throughout an event... I remember at 08 nationals there was an exceptionally powerful flash going off during one of the senior events and they did make more announcements than usual, and teh announcer dude (same guy as the one at JGP) started sounding really annoyed while he was reminding not to use flashes...

ice dance was on WAY TOO EARLY this morning, I missed it :(

Narumi1997

Rinkside
Right when I plug my laptop to the TV, my friends and I see Tibbets/Brubaker fall :(
Then Bonacorsi and Mager fall. But after all it was a happy day because Shibutanis WON WITH PERSONAL BEST SCORES!!!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicja

On the Ice
You know when I read Tango Rhapsody on the ISU bio of the Shibutanis, I was like 'oh, no'..... But 20 seconds into their program, I was totally enjoying it. The really know what compliments their music. What a great quality! I hope they have a great season. I'm a fan!

I also enjoyed Ralph/Hill, I know lots of people dislike them for Kharis' posture but I think she's gotten better in that area, still not perfect but it's a first step in the right direction. Their program was lots of fun and I loved how they kept the storyline throughout.

As for Bonacorsi/Mager, what a freak fall.. but they stay on the podium. Great accomplishment for the first junior international, hard to believe they're just up from novice. I love their smoothness but I dislike the music. It's elevator music and doesn't add much to their program IMO ;) But I loved their last choreo lift!

I loved, loved the opening of Zenkova/Sinitsin, unfortunately for me they lost that attention to detail as the program went on. But it's early in the season, so I'm sure it's going to get better.

Tibbetts/Brubaker, again I thought the music was boring, I can't even remember what it was. But they have beautiful lines and seem to really skate together which was nice to see.

Missed the first two groups. But seems like Frohberg/Giesen did really well. I think they're a great match. Sure they still need to grow as a dance couple but it's a start and they really haven't been together very long. And their coach and choreographers must have studied the rules intensely since they received level 4 on every element they did in the FD.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Pairs LP: considering what happened in SP lets hope at least one pair will go through whole program without a fall.

bibi

On the Ice
Don't forget their Senior National champion and senior national silver medalist who are too young for the JGP this year but will be there next year. :lol:

Oh, They are still too young :O? What a shame..

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Grafton of the American pair seems to have great flexibility. Currently there has been no change in the short program standings through three pairs.

life684

Final Flight
After Group 1

Name (country) LP Total
1)Bobak/ Penasse (CAN) 69.67 107.98
2)Duarte/ Grafton (USA) 63.37 100.65
3)Jorg/ Koenderink (NED) 61.70 90.51

life684

Final Flight
Pipkin/Dunie-Neustandt (USA) was great to watch, a clean program but my only concern is who big she is and how slender he is,he will have to muscle up bit more(i know that is nasty commnet about a Junior pair). but score is second best for LP and the score is 108.45(total)

life684

Final Flight
totally enjoyed Takahashi/Tran (JPN), they had excellent speed across the ice and i totally enjoyed. she had some trouble landing Thr3S. takahashi is extremely happy at the K& C and they score a total of 129.34

beep_beep

Medalist
Nice skate by Bird/Schultz, and a tango that I actually enjoyed. (don't get too many of those these days)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Bird and Schulz were quite good. I liked how dancy they were - that's something I'd like to see in pairs (using the music more, I guess is all it really is).

Heh - Raymond looked like he was gonna fall asleep in the Kiss n Cry.

life684

Final Flight
After Group 2

Name (country) LP Total
1) Takahashi/Tran (JPN)89.70 129.34
2) Bird/Schultz (CAN)82.53 121.82
3)Pipkin/Dunie-Neustandt (USA) 69.10 108.45
4)Bobak/ Penasse (CAN) 69.67 107.98
5)Duarte/ Grafton (USA) 63.37 100.65
6)Jorg/ Koenderink (NED) 61.70 90.51

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
felt bad for the Swiss team, they were doing fairly well until that spin

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Does anyone know if this JGP is going to have an exhibition of any type?

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I just looked at the pairs FS scoring sheets, and it looks like Kaleigh Hole/ Adam Jhonson skated clean with a sbs 3S jump. I'm not great at reading these, so can someone tell me if that is in fact what happened? I didn't get to watch their performance.