Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

beep_beep

Medalist
Ok, will they say "needs more tuck on the fly " for every skater??

German girl has some nice edges.

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I only watched Shibutani's today, so i'm not going to compare them with other duo's.
Can't say their OD is the best thing I've ever seen on ice (have ambivalent feelings about their costumes, the OD music, and that going down on one knee by Maia).

I loved the lifts, the speed and the flow. And I'm happy they're still in 1st. Looks like they're going to win this Grand Prix, which will be great! :clap:

beep_beep

Medalist
Ksenia Makarova is really good... never seen her skate before (and sorry, no way Firth was better than her...)

beep_beep

Medalist
why? I thought Firth did a great job aside from the fall on the flip.
I think it was the attack (and 3-3 guts, even if 2nd triple was UR) on the program, I liked it better (taste I guess)... It was close, both around 47.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
why is announcer trying to make name of athletes sound weird (very different from other pronounce )?

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Judging by the costumes, I have a feeling one of these girls will be skating to the Kill Bill soundtrack.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I only watched Shibutani's today, so i'm not going to compare them with other duo's.
Can't say their OD is the best thing I've ever seen on ice (have ambivalent feelings about their costumes, the OD music, and that going down on one knee by Maia).

I loved the lifts, the speed and the flow. And I'm happy they're still in 1st. Looks like they're going to win this Grand Prix, which will be great! :clap:

I love them, but I have to agree with some of your points. The costumes were great with staying in traditional Japanese style, but the color mix of black/blue pants threw me off. I thought the music was a little fast for the step sequences, but when the drums kicked in at the end I think it fit much better because of that dramatic rotational lift.

Also, props to them because they were the only skaters that did an Asian-themed OD. They also had the best twizzles/lifts by far. ;)

Alicja

On the Ice
I love to watch the Shibutanis, they just look so comfortable out there. Everything they do on the ice looks complete and smooth. Costumes can be changed, those qualities stay. :D

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Oh my gosh, the korean girl just skated to "Murder on Orient express", which was my favourite movie when I was 8. I'm surprised and delighted! :laugh:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Rosa Sheveleva - wow

How many incredible girls Russia has, in her bank?

I know I was watching the warmups and this little girl was just flying out there and I'm like wow. And that was Rosa. I think Russia's sad days in ladies are over, they have a lot of talents.

beep_beep

Medalist
Olsson sister #1 has quite the style. Great flip! too bad for the 2A and the combo jump...

bekalc

Record Breaker
beep_beep Olsson sister #1 has quite the style. Great flip! too bad for the 2A and the combo jump...
And it looked like very big jumps too. I'm really wanting to see Fujisowa though, it's really who I'm waiting for! And Kristine too. I wasn't impressed with Firth at all.

Last edited: